Attn: Jim Colt HPR260 on Sampson

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Attn: Jim Colt HPR260 on Sampson

Post by BrianMick »

Mr. Jim Colt,
this question is directed at you...........
I have a sampson 5x10 table with a hypertherm 1650 and a t100 machine torch.
Is the hpr260 compatable with our machine? our salesman won't even entertain the idea......or even give us a price quote on this model alone. He will only give us a price on a new table with it included. Can you tell me how much it will cost.I feel like I am getting the run around with his sales pitch techniqe.

Also I saw your post on the new duramax torch for the 1650......How would this compare to the hpr260?
Brian
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Attn: Jim Colt

Post by jimcolt »

The HPR260 is a 260 amp, high definition, 100% duty cycle plasma system. It uses oxygen as the plasma gas for steel.....and can use a variety of other gases for other materials. It is available in a few different configurations.....can cut and pierce steel to 1.5"....and starts at about $54,000 (plasma system only). This system will cut 1" steel at 65 inches per minute.

Since this is a high frequency start plasma...I suspect that a Samson machine may need special configuration (grounding, special brackets and mounting for the torch and gas system controls, cable carriers, etc)....so likely Samson would need to custom build their cnc machine if it was equipped with this industrial plasma system.

In comparison...the Duramax is an air plasma upgrade torch that fits Hypertherm models Powermax1000, 1250 and 1650. It is limited to the duty cycle ratings of the power supply it is used with, can only use air or nitrogen as the plasma gas, can pierce up to 3/4" and will cut 1" steel at about 20 inches per minute.

You can find details of these Hypertherm systems on the www.hypertherm.com site.

Jim Colt
BrianMick

Re: Attn: Jim Colt

Post by BrianMick »

Thanks Jim that was a little more informative than my salesman
Brian

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”