Dthc

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Curtis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Dthc

Post by Curtis »

Hi everyone me again, i'm running sheet cam with mock three, and i'm wondering if I have thc or not? There is a yellow wire coming from the control panel on the table that says d t h c and is plugged into the back of the computer. My problem is when I'm looking at mach. 3, the dthc is on. It's on auto, not manual, and every time I would run a cut, it would only move about an inch, and then it seemed like the Torch height would go up and simply gouge the metal for about another inch. Until the arc shut off completely. I figured out finally that if I turn dthc off and put it in the manual that I could actually cut something completely. What does this mean? Do I have thc or not as of right now? I assume the with it turned off, and in manual, I do not. If any of you, big brains got a second I would appreciate some info. Also, yesterday, I tried cutting an image out of a piece of aluminum, and to my surprise, there was no tools listed for aluminum. I got online and found the cut chart for 116th and 1/8 aluminum, with the 605 AM consumables.
Question where might I find all of the tool specs? And how do I upload all to sheet cam? Thanks, folks.Any help would be greatly appreciated.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dthc

Post by acourtjester »

This depends on your table electronics and software, With Mach 3 you will need to use a post processor that is setup to put commands into the G-code
Had to say what the wire is for, did you buy a new table or used, any instructions with it.
If you have SheetCam you can manually add new tools (cut perimeters) when in SheetCam. Under the tool drop down menu, it will add the new setting and give it a number you can name it what ever to make it make sense to you later. If you are using some plasma cutter they have cut charts to find the cut spects for different metals or thickness.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Curtis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Curtis »

I bought the table used, it's l.D.R motion systems. I guess they've gone out of business and literally burned to the ground. Some no resources there. As far as cut files, I thought there would be an app or website, ?That had the entirety of them. I could download and upload to sheet cam. My plasma cutter is a hypertherm powermax, 65
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

You can download cut DXF and SVG files from here you can use the search function for a look around. Hopefully another member will step in who has one of their table to help. Did you get or buy a license for SheetCam?? if not there are limits as to what you can do with the demo version, like number of lines of code it will do for a g-code. There are lots of tutorials on YouTube for SheetCam (Arclight has many) for you to watch. Or you can ask questions here the are many post from member showing different things too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”