Thanks for letting me join

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
andyhen407@gmail.com
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thanks for letting me join

Post by andyhen407@gmail.com »

Hi everyone, I'm Steve, 57yrs young and live in UK. I started to do laser art and models 2023 using the Sculpfun S9 5watt diode laser, since then I have upgraded my set up to the Sculpfun SF-A9 20/40 watt machine and am still ironing out some settings. I absolutely love making things, have loads of files mainly from the online free sites. I also have around 20 so far of my own design's which I have not protected and have shared to many others already. Thanks again and hope I am welcome in the group as a newbie.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thanks for letting me join

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi Andy,

I sent you a link via private message (PM) to a different forum that is all about the type of laser you are using.

One thing is certain ... Once you draw something and release it to the Internet, it is lost and can never be claimed as your own art work again.

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Steve, many from the UK here, are you interested in entering the Plasma CNC field? I have a ikier laser and enjoy it along with the plasma side on another table. Great place to find files to use in etsy.com wide ranging selection at fire prices, quick downloads too. Very easy to move from file type so file you download from here can be sued on your laser. Don't know if you use Inkscape great free program nice addition to Lightburn for project development. Let you mind wonder for fun, creating gifts for friends and family. 2 of my own and one from etsy.
Jan and Gary (2).JPG
my hat sign (4).JPG
amazing grace (2).JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Steve - I would love to see some photos of your laser setup (and maybe some of your projects) when you get a chance.
Thanks,
David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”