Hi all from Melbourne Australia.

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
hallsy J
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hi all from Melbourne Australia.

Post by hallsy J »

Hi everyone, it's great to be joining this community of like-minded enthusiasts in this area. I'm just getting my feet wet, having briefly used CNC in my teaching career, but never delved into actually building a CNC machine. I'm currently most attracted to plasma cutting decorative fence panels, so I want to learn the skills and knowledge required from the brains trust on here. I just registered, so I'm off to browse around and I'll be sure to get active in the various chat forums. Cheers.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Hi all from Melbourne Australia.

Post by cuttinparts »

Welcome! Plenty of folks here from Australia and plenty to learn here. Are you planning on building a DIY setup or buying a machine?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many DIY types here and have shown the tables they built. Best bet is to do research to get an idea on how large a table and what software and electronics to use in your build. The field has open up some as time has gone by, also the brands of Plasma cutters that work well with CNC Plasma systems. You can used the search function in the upper right for a good look around, feel free to ask questions too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Enjoy the 4th state of matter with the rest of us like minded individuals.

This is the first in a series of how to build your own table from a fellow Auzzie / P. Spider member:

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

hallsy J wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:14 am Hi everyone, it's great to be joining this community of like-minded enthusiasts in this area. I'm just getting my feet wet, having briefly used CNC in my teaching career, but never delved into actually building a CNC machine. I'm currently most attracted to plasma cutting decorative fence panels, so I want to learn the skills and knowledge required from the brains trust on here. I just registered, so I'm off to browse around and I'll be sure to get active in the various chat forums. Cheers.
Welcome aboard Hallsy! I will look forward to learning more about any potential cnc plasma table build your take up. Or if you decide to purchase a turn key system as well. Do you have any past experience with any of the cad drawing programs? Inkscape and Fusion 360 are both free, and many members here use one or both.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”