Help! Reconfiguring plasma

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Ironbite
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help! Reconfiguring plasma

Post by Ironbite »

Moved to new county, my Samson 5x10 plasma table needs reconfiguration, it's backwards and need to be initialized. Anyone know how to figure this out? Please and thank you! My customer is waiting on this, any information much appreciated 🙏🏼
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help! Reconfiguring plasma

Post by adbuch »

Ironbite wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:27 pm Moved to new county, my Samson 5x10 plasma table needs reconfiguration, it's backwards and need to be initialized. Anyone know how to figure this out? Please and thank you! My customer is waiting on this, any information much appreciated 🙏🏼
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "needs reconfiguration, it's backwards ,,,,". If it was working before you moved it, then it should be no problem to reconnect the cables, etc. and get it working again. If you have the Video Manual, it explains all of this in great detail. For you, I expect you only need to reconnect the wiring harness, torch control cable, parallel cable, and 120Vac power to the computer and controller. Once initialized, you can test it by jogging it around to make sure that pressing the right or left arrows jogs the carriage right or left, and pressing the up or down arrows moves the gantry back and forth.

If necessary, use the "detect machine" command to auto connect the controller to your parallel port card. I would recommend installing a ground rod close to the table and connecting your table frame, cutting grates, and plasma cutter work lead to this ground.

Also make sure your table is square when you get it in place - measure diagonals across the table to get a rough idea, then draw a square using a sharpie pen holder attached to your torch to make sure that it is actually drawing a square. Measure the diagonals of this drawn square to make sure it is actually a square.

David
20240929_024704_resized.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

reconfiguration, just move to a different side of the table, sorry I can't help myself sometimes. :Sad :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Ironbite wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:27 pm it's backwards and need to be initialized. Anyone know how to figure this out?
I am making assumptions here .... :roll: ... by "backwards," I think you mean that where you have placed the table in the new location, the controller is on the wrong side of the table, OR the gantry HOMES to the wrong end of the table. Am I correct?

If you have the Advanced Machine Upgrade for your DesignEdge software, you can ROTATE the table configuration so that you can move the controller to the other side and still have an operational table.

This will require you to partially disassemble the table, and swap the two center legs, to get the controller and the swinging boom arm on the other side of the table. It is a LOT of work. :Sad

If the controller is on the correct side (easily accessible to you) but the gantry is HOMING to the wrong end, another option is to unbolt the rails and remove the gantry and carriage. ROTATE the rail pairs 180 degrees and remount the gantry and carriage. Then HOME to the opposite end of the table.

Why rotate the rails? It is because the gear racks inside of the rails do not reach the rails end-to-end. If you check, you will see that the gear racks are about two inches from one end of the table where the gantry returns to the HOME position, but nearly six inches from the other end of the table, because the gantry drive shaft does not need to get that close to those legs, and PlasmaCam saved a bit of money but not making the gear racks EXACTLY as long as the rails. :-x Simply reversing the gantry alone will cause the gantry to run off of the gear racks at the HOME position.

So tell me what the issue is. Do you need the controller on the other side of the table now? Or do you need the gantry to HOME to the opposite end of the table? Or BOTH?

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”