New

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
loko_gej
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New

Post by loko_gej »

Hi everyone

Just a new guy from Spain how wants to learn and share some stuff.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New

Post by adbuch »

Welcome aboard!! What are your interests, and do you have any sort of cnc cutter, engraver or ?? What design software are you using?
Thanks,
David
loko_gej
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by loko_gej »

I use autocad to design, I make small industrial prototipes for 3d printer, also some simple designs for laser cut. I don't have any machine just send to cut to others
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Good to have much of the software end experiences down will make easier to understand what the end product will be.
Are you looking to get your own table, or doing work for a shop that has a table??
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

loko_gej wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 12:19 pm I use autocad to design, I make small industrial prototipes for 3d printer, also some simple designs for laser cut. I don't have any machine just send to cut to others
I like AutoCad very much, and the one I use is AutoCad 14 which came out in 1997. I still have it installed and use it on several older window computers running Windows 20000 and Windows xp. I also use BricsCAD V20 on the newer Windows 7 and 10 computers - it's very much like AutoCAD and uses many of the same commands and keyboard shortcuts.

I expect that your newer AutoCAD version has the full 3D package and you can export your solid models as stl files for slicing and 3D printing. Perhaps you will show us some photos of some of the industrial prototype parts you are designing and printing or cutting.

Thanks,
David
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

I use AutoCad also, only because I am very familiar with it and can manipulate it to do what I want. Been using it since the 90's and currently use V2004 also because it came loaded with my LDR table.
When I retired I was using V12.
Draftsight is another program that closely mimics Autocad in commands, etc. It used to be free now is a yearly subscription.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Introduce Yourself”