STV quick review

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
broken
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

STV quick review

Post by broken »

Hey guys, I want to give a shout to STV and don't see a dedicated forum for them.
I'll mention I'm an old crank with zero tolerance for shoddy products

We purchased an STV 505 table about 18 months ago with plasma cutting being simply a fabrication tool for us in our maintenance shop.
Now that we've lived with it a while and gotten better acquainted with it, it is a fantastic machine and the support given has been top notch.
The person I worked with, Angel, is just terrific to work and not once did he let me down or leave me twisting in the wind.

Every time I burn a half dozen or even dozens of parts, I am amazed at what a great bang-for-buck this table has been and that it is available to little people like us.
Any flaws can be attributed to our lack of knowledge, we had no table experience and at this point can rip out good, usable parts at will

While not complaints exactly, the included drawing software is a bit lacking and the control software could be more robust but neither are showstoppers. We use DesignSpark to draw with and can use SheetCam when we want specific paths or to stack parts more efficiently than the stock program is able to.

I would not hesitate to buy from them again and the only thing keeping me from buying one for home use is giving up the space.
If you're considering an STV table, it is one of the best value tools I have bought in my 40+ years of playing of bending and welding metal.
Thanks for reading, it's a winner.
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: STV quick review

Post by AREA »

Great review, I’ve had an eye on them since they came out and it looks as though they’ve come a long ways. Glad to hear it’s working out so well for you,
MidnightMechanic
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: STV quick review

Post by MidnightMechanic »

Hey there! Thanks for sharing your experience with the STV 505 table - it sounds like it's been a game-changer for your maintenance shop. It's great to hear that you've found the machine to be fantastic and the support top-notch, especially with Angel being so helpful. It's awesome that you've been able to overcome any initial hurdles with the table and are now producing quality parts with ease. Your insights on the drawing and control software are valuable and it's smart to find workarounds like using DesignSpark and SheetCam. It's clear that you're making the most out of your investment in the table. If space is the only thing holding you back from getting one for home use, maybe you could explore some creative solutions

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”