Burny phanton st servo drive issue

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Tankman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Burny phanton st servo drive issue

Post by Tankman »

Had a bad drive for the servo motor. Replace it. Did not work right. So I went through the burny manual to get it set up. Followed the tech manual step by step. When I got the setting up the ticks per minute, which is the Burny way of setting the encoder. It would not work. Not matter the number. It would travel 22.5” when it was set to 96”. I spent 8 hours Friday trying to set the machine back up.

Lincoln/Burny tech supprt was not really willing to help unless I am able to load some computer metting screen share onto that burny, which is running windows xp! Pretty pathetic they suck at their jobs and can not walk someone through the set up to help find a issue.

I almost want to find the home made cnc groups and see what I can put together and get rid of this old ass system.

Anyone can recommend some help?
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Burny phanton st servo drive issue

Post by weldguy »

I have no experience with that you are doing and not sure how you are setting up the motors but if you are connecting a pc to the motors are you able to view any settings from one of the other motors to compare? Or does it not work that way?

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”