Hooking a Miller 3080 to a Torchmate

Discussion forum for Lincoln & Miller plasma cutters
EMT
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hooking a Miller 3080 to a Torchmate

Post by EMT »

I just recently bought a Torchmate with the Accumove 2. I have a Miller 3080 plasma cutter which Plasmadyne was able to build me a torch for to adapt to my table. The problem I have is the "OK to move" wires. I'm not sure where to hook them to the 3080. I'm not new to wiring but looking over the wiring schematic I can't figure it out. There is a 3080 with the automation feature on it, but I don't have that machine. I have it all hooked up and it will fire but just won't move. Any help is appreciated. I know I am probably working with old equipment but its a starter machine for me to test the waters on how much I will use it before upgrading.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hooking a Miller 3080 to a Torchmate

Post by adbuch »

I expect that you will want to monitor the arc voltage (or divided arc voltage) for both the arc ok signal as well as for your thc.
David
22.jpg
miller 3080 1.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hooking a Miller 3080 to a Torchmate

Post by weldguy »

I am not sure you will be able to get an OK to move signal from the 3080 without the automation interface box Miller has for the 3080. I believe with the Torchmate you can operate without an OK to move signal by ensuring that “OK to move” is disabled in the AVHC setup menu.

Return to “Lincoln & Miller Plasma Cutters”