Buying a new table soon and looking for additional options

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Fntugger
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Buying a new table soon and looking for additional options

Post by Fntugger »

Hope to be purchasing a new machine in the next month, and wanted to make sure i'm not missing a manufacturer that should be considered.
Need a combo oxy/acy and plasma table that at a minimum 5x10 and probably in reality 6x12. Looks like most manufactures are primarily plasma focused but need the ability to cut 2 1/2" mild steel and don't have the power currently to run a plasma that size. Also it is important to us that this table is made in the USA so primary considerations are Shopsaber and Koike.

Welcome to suggestion on other tables manufactures to consider.

Thanks,
Tug
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Buying a new table soon and looking for additional options

Post by weldguy »

Hey Tug, not a fan of Koike, I would a smaller more personable company. ShopSabre is a solid choice but also check out StarLab, they have a nice oxy fuel setup as well https://starlabcnc.com/shop/ols/product ... uel-add-on
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

weldguy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:11 pm Hey Tug, not a fan of Koike, I would a smaller more personable company. ShopSabre is a solid choice but also check out StarLab, they have a nice oxy fuel setup as well https://starlabcnc.com/shop/ols/product ... uel-add-on
2nd Starlab. Made in Minnesota. Very happy with my table.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
Fntugger
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Fntugger »

weldguy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:11 pm Hey Tug, not a fan of Koike, I would a smaller more personable company. ShopSabre is a solid choice but also check out StarLab, they have a nice oxy fuel setup as well https://starlabcnc.com/shop/ols/product ... uel-add-on
Thanks for the suggestion! I did not have them on my radar, but will touch base with them tomorrow.
MidnightMechanic
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by MidnightMechanic »

Fntugger wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:40 pm Hope to be purchasing a new machine in the next month, and wanted to make sure i'm not missing a manufacturer that should be considered.
Need a combo oxy/acy and plasma table that at a minimum 5x10 and probably in reality 6x12. Looks like most manufactures are primarily plasma focused but need the ability to cut 2 1/2" mild steel and don't have the power currently to run a plasma that size. Also it is important to us that this table is made in the USA so primary considerations are Shopsaber and Koike.

Welcome to suggestion on other tables manufactures to consider.

Thanks,
Tug
For a combo oxy-acetylene and plasma table in the 5x10 or 6x12 size range, you've already named two solid options with ShopSaber and Koike. Another manufacturer you might want to check out is Maverick CNC, which also makes high-quality, American-made cutting tables. If power limitations are a concern, Maverick offers systems that can handle heavy-duty cutting with lower power requirements. You could also look into Torchmate by Lincoln Electric, known for durable, versatile tables that accommodate both plasma and oxy-fuel cutting. It’s great you’re focusing on American-made tables — those brands should give you a good range of quality options to consider.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Is JD SQUARED out of the race?

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I just left a customer in Ohio who cuts 2.5" plate on his SAMSON 510 table. Believe it or not! He loves DesignEdge software, but says he needs to redesign the grates on the table because the thin grate slats on the Samson 510 tend to want to bow over when very heavy plate is SHIFTED in the grates. The table can handle the weight, and the proper plasma torch can cut the plate, but the table is too lightweight to shift heavy plate across the grate slats. It must be LIFTED and PLACED ONTO the grates.

If you are cutting stuff that heavy, I think I would build a custom Samson table with a sturdy frame and grates, and run the Samson 510 rails and gantry over them, if only for the advantage that the DesignEdge software gives you. If you already have the design process covered, then there are other tables that are far more suited to cutting things like trench plates! :Wow

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
Roaddog908
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Roaddog908 »

we run 2 arc light dynamics 6 x 12 with oxy fuel best plasma table on the market check them out. they are built in bend oregon great people tech service is great
PlasmaDon
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by PlasmaDon »

I've talked them a few times, was going to drive up there to look at a machine for work, seemed like a small company, outskirts of Buffalo.
Maybe they are just a warehouse for a larger company offshore ?

Please explain.
BTA Plasma
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BTA Plasma »

Come see us for a demo and see how the machines are made! www.StarLabCNC.com All of our frames are capable of a full sheet of 5" material. Why? Because the frame has to be rigid and machined for linear rail and handle big weight, big hits and still work. We build the biggest and fastest machines with Hypertherm Sync and Maxpro. And we are priced at or below our competitors. Also our machines use welded, machined and built here at 1 factory using as much USA/German parts possible that we do not make. A true marvel of current machinery.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

It sounds like the StarLab tables are the best of the heavy duty USA tables. I already have a Plasmacam, and don't need to load 5" thick material onto my table as I mainly do smaller hobby type jobs. But I will keep StarLab in mind if my needs should change in the future.

David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”