Easyscribe xtreme plasma

All topics related specifically to the EasyScriber drag style scribe & engraving tool.
Coops1971
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Easyscribe xtreme plasma

Post by Coops1971 »

Great forum with lots of info!
I have just set up my xtreme plasma with the easy scribe, kind of had minor success but started to get a tad frustrated
My setup is sheetcam and then mach3.
I set the sheetcam up as per the easyscribe setup guide seemed to go ok ish, few bit I am struggling with if anyone can assist please.
For some reason the drawing or display of the part to cut is for some reason offset by 10 inches so normally on the plasma setup I would position my torch exactly in the intended location zero the x and y, regen tool Path
And press start but for some reason things are offset by a good few inches.
The scribe is not scribing seems to need start pressing between most operations (m1 is off) and it is hovering not scribing, I am presuming you need to depress the scribe by an amount then zero the z axis.
For those familiar with mach3 my soft limits is on (don’t know if it works on z axis? Also anti dive is on any help would be greatly appreciated
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Easyscribe xtreme plasma

Post by djreiswig »

If you're using an engraver tool in SheetCam, check at the top of your post processor. There might be offset values in there for if your engraver is offset from the actual torch. Which in this case it is not, except maybe for the Z
There might also be a pause programmed in there. What post processor are you using, and if you can post an example gcode it might help diagnose your issue.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
weldguy

Re: Easyscribe xtreme plasma

Post by weldguy »

Not familiar with your system but it sounds like your on the right track with resetting the Z zero with the scribe tip compressed. I use an EasyScribe and like to compress the tip approx. 80-90%% of its stroke and set Z zero there.

Return to “EasyScriber Drag Style Scriber for Hypertherm”