Svg viewer?

General software related questions should be posted here.
Nzniceguy
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Svg viewer?

Post by Nzniceguy »

I have folders of svg files but have to open them individually to see what each one is.....is there a way to make the thumbnails show the image? Or an svg image viewer that you can scroll through the files with the arrow button? What do you guys use/do?
Thanks in advance.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Svg viewer?

Post by Joe Jones »

Yes, there are SVG viewers that show the image in thumbnails on the directory window. Just do a GOOGLE search for "SGV VIEWER" and pick one.

Joe

Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

SVG is a documented standard and is supported by most Browsers and a lot of drawing and a (few) CAD programs. It was developed to display vector images on the WEB. Its pretty easy to move between a lot of vector formats that use polylines , arcs and Bezier curves (like PDF, CDR, AI,ESP and some forms of Windows vectors (WMF). If you want to move from more closed formats like DXF and DWG , get QCAD and upgrade to PRO (less than 85 bucks) It handles standard Autodesk formats like DXF and DWG and will export in SVG . You might even like using a pure CAd system like QCAD BUT take advantage of the true arc support in SVG. More and more programs are adding SVG support. Even Fusion 360 will IMPORT SVG (although last time I used it the import scaling was a mess) .
An almost universal vector file exchange format if you have the option is to use PDF. Less so for EPS. Even though Inkscape has a CDR inport and it works well for pure vector shapes . it has problems with Fonts and text and some graphical elements.

My File Manger in Linux has a viewer built in for most image formats (like PNG, JPEG, etc) and it also shows SVG . Doe snto do it in thumbnails but some image viewer apps that let you catalogue and view files will also do SVG.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I assign pertinent (descriptive) names to my vector files so that I have a pretty good idea what they are. I have never felt the need for an svg viewer, but as has been suggested - take a look online and try to find something you like.

David

Return to “General Discussion”