NEED SOME HELP

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
SomethingMetal
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

NEED SOME HELP

Post by SomethingMetal »

I am not getting my machine to completely finish the cuts. I am making. It is giving my hanging pieces. I have it set to continue cut .15 secs. I have the gap at end of cut set to -.200. It is not dropping out my pieces. Please Help. :cry:
Samson 510
Hypertherm PM85
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: NEED SOME HELP

Post by mdwalker »

SomethingMetal wrote:I am not getting my machine to completely finish the cuts. I am making. It is giving my hanging pieces. I have it set to continue cut .15 secs. I have the gap at end of cut set to -.200. It is not dropping out my pieces. Please Help. :cry:
You can probably get more detailed help if you list the brand & model of your cnc table & your cutter as well as what type & thickness of material you are cutting and the consumables you are using. :)

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
elkriverfab
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by elkriverfab »

On plasmacam enter zero(0) at gap at end of loop.
This will complete the cut all the way through.

Not sure what system you are using but when I first started that happened to me too.

May be the same on yours.
"OK, Now hold my beer and I'll try it"
SomethingMetal
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by SomethingMetal »

I am running a PlasmaCam DHC2 with a Hypertherm powermax 65 cutting 14ga steel. I am running the fine cut consumables kit from hypertherm.
Samson 510
Hypertherm PM85
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

SomethingMetal wrote:I am not getting my machine to completely finish the cuts. I am making. It is giving my hanging pieces. I have it set to continue cut .15 secs. I have the gap at end of cut set to -.200. It is not dropping out my pieces. Please Help. :cry:
On PlasmaCam the allowable range for gap at end of loop is 0 through 10. I don't think it will allow you to enter a negative number. I agree with elkriverfab that this setting needs to be 0. This setting is intended to allow you to set your machine to stop cutting before it completes the loop in order to keep the parts from falling out. Any setting greater than 0 and the machine will not complete the entire cut. Another thing to check is the length of your lead in and the amount of pierce time. If the lead in is too short and/or the pierce time is not set correctly then your torch will fire and start to move before it has completely pierced the metal. This will cause it to leave a small area of uncut metal. I am not at my shop right now so I can't tell you what those settings are on my machine but I am running a PlasmaCam DH2 with Hypertherm 1000. Fine cut consumables on 14ga. You should be able to refer to the Hypertherm manual for those settings. Also be sure your pierce height is set correctly and your machine has been set properly for cut height by adjusting your acr voltage. If you need help on this let me know. Hope that helps.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
SomethingMetal
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by SomethingMetal »

I appreciate it Danny. If you could give me the numbers that you are currently using to cut 14ga I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the help.
Samson 510
Hypertherm PM85

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”