path rules

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Big-D
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

path rules

Post by Big-D »

I have my table cutting mostly 14ga. I just found the path rules option to turn off/on thc and to slow the speed for corners, circles etc. While trying to set up path rules I cant find the option to turn off/on thc, the only option on the drop down is "none". I have a candcnc dragoncut with dthc11 purchased in 2011 and just recently set up. The post is candcncPlasma rev11M1 (edited). What do I need to do to set up the path rules?

Also, is there a resource to explain and set up soft pierce and other options for thicker steel?

Thanks in advance
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: path rules

Post by acourtjester »

To get some info faster try using the search function upper right screen.
Here are the 2 code snippets I use for DTHC = on and off s10 and s20.
code snippet on.jpg
code snippet off.jpg
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Depending on the firmware version on your DTHCII in the era you may or may not be able to do the Dynamic DTHC ON/OFF (using S10 codes)
At the very least you will need to update your plugins in MACH using the Master Installer X Legacy.

Firmware is on the DTHC board and needs to be at least REV 1.4 to support the DTHC ON/OFF function

You need the Hypertherm RS485 Serial port on the plasma and the HYT-Connect RS485 SIM kit from CandCNC to be able to control the Cut current (AMPS) from software . May take some head scratching to make the RS485 4 port hub work with that vintage of control.. While 5 years is not the record for implementing its real close! In electronics that is like "dog years" (35 years) :D

No one here but me will be able to even start to figure out if the HYT-Connect option will work.
Big-D
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Big-D »

Tom,I would have liked to have done this years ago, but life gets in the way. I've got this table cutting artwork quite well, although small details and holes are a challenge. I used the master installer when I set this up. Is there a risk in setting up the code snippets as mentioned above?

I have the RS-485 working with my pn-200 hand control. I may have the wrong plasma though- TD-82. So I guess the HyT is out. I'm not sure if it would benefit me or not. I'm learning to cut 3/8" thick steel and having trouble with starting and ending cuts.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The DTHCII is not extremely fast like the DTHCIV so you can cure most end of cut diving by using the TIP SAVER option and set the % to about 2 or 3%
What I don't know is if the firmware in the DTHCIV is up tot a release that allows it to be turned ON and off independent of the THC on/off in MACH. Worst case we can update it (DTHCII had to come back to be flashed with new firmware). The with the updated plugins in MACH the S10 should turn off the DTHC with no delay in motion and S20 should turn it on

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”