Powermax 125 consumables quality issues

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Dynatorch78
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Powermax 125 consumables quality issues

Post by Dynatorch78 »

purchased a Dynatorch XLS with a powermax 125 in April of 2015. We have been plagued with parts that don't have equal bevels since we got the machine. I rechecked the torch for square and it was. I have done everything under the sun but what I discovered was that the nozzles are not sitting square and center in the ohmic retaining cap. The counter bore in the cap haa been machined wrong. All the parts are genuine Hypertherm from my LWS. Has anyone experienced this before? Are there lot control problems from time to time?
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Powermax 125 consumables quality issues

Post by jimcolt »

Feel free to contact me directly. I would like to see pics of this issue.....or you could send me the suspect parts. They will go directly to our quality department and we will solve the issue. If you can send me your direct contact info I will have our tech service contact you immediately.

Consumables are all manufactured in our facilities in New Hampshire on the best quality equipment with 100% inspection on CTF (critical to function) dimensions. It is extremely rare to have concentricity issues, so we need to see these parts asap. Note that it is always best to contact the manufacturer when you have quality issues!

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm jim.colt@hypertherm.com

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”