touch off sensor jammed. Clear and hit run to continue

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Rister
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Rister »

I had the not so bright idea of upgrading my mach 3 and I get that error. touch off sensor jammed. clear and hit run to continue
This is for dthc 4 and ethercut, candcnc version.

my hub is connected and and seems to work and is version 1.6 it shows it is connected and z works and the hypertherm is connected and fires.

I have never seen this error on my last version. What happens if I just acknowledge the alarm and hit run the it goes to touch off and just keeps diving.
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: touch off sensor jammed. Clear and hit run to continue

Post by beefy »

What do you mean you "upgraded" Mach3 ?

Toms system works with a very specific version of Mach3 I believe, so if you have "upgraded" to a later version, it may well be a "downgrade" :D IF that's what you've done I'd go back to the Mach3 version specified for you system.

I don't have that system so am not knowledgeable about that fault. Is it just referring to the touch-off micro switch. If it is you could easily check if that is not working by putting an ohm meter on the microswitch and see that it closes and re-opens when you manually try a touch of with the Z and floating head.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
Rister
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Rister »

I am on the early install list for the dthc 4 and ethercut upgrade. There have been many upgrades, from what I have read, to their version of mach. This only happens when I load g code from the start.

I load my g code and it immediately does this. I don't have to hit run or anything.
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I think this question was answered on the CandCNC website.

Quote:

"touch off sensor jammed. Clear and hit run to continue
Post a reply

2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Postby robertrister7 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:19 pm

dthc4 with ethercut upgraded system march 2014. I had the bright idea of updating my mach, I though I read of some new stuff that has been upgraded in the last year and a half. I got everything downloaded and installed. hub works talks with hypertherm and also moves z and test good. I load my g code and as it populates the screen it tells me

"touch off sensor jammed. Clear and hit run to continue".

As I am typing this a little light bulb went off and I probably need to switch my active low for my z. which would be backwards from how it was before. I am at work and will not be able to check until tomorrow.

Thanks
robertrister7

Postby admin13o5 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:27 am

That checks the Z home just before a touch off (which is supposed to be inactive) and if it is (active) throws up that message. Its primarily for the feather touch users where water or debris can cause the FT to be active when it is not touching the metal cause a false touch off (WAY to high). You are probably right about the Z home polarity.
admin13o5
Site Admin

Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”