Just a little bragging on Hypertherm.

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Just a little bragging on Hypertherm.

Post by 762frmafr »

I have been cutting an order of these plates the last couple days. I started out with a new electrode and a new fine cut nozzle. The shield and swirl ring were used. There are 72 pierces per row and 26 rows per sheet. I cut one full sheet plus 20 rows on the second sheet with the same nozzle and electrode. That is 3318 pierces and over 3558 inches of cutting. Needless to say, I am loving my Hypertherm Powermax 65. Below are pics of the consumables as well as the pieces I have been cutting.

ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Just a little bragging on Hypertherm.

Post by ben de lappe »

Outstanding! Many factors contribute to tip life and man, you've hit the sweet spot. Well done sir.
HammerDownJustin
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Just a little bragging on Hypertherm.

Post by HammerDownJustin »

Hell yeah thats awsome..I put in a new tip the other day on a small project..not sure how long it will last but the first 3 items cut were 3,984 cut inches and 267 pierces with my hypertherm 65...i really need a dryer though. I stopped between each of the 3 pieces and drained the water from the line.
Home built 5x10 table CandCNC electronics
Miller 251 Mig
And lots of other cool stuff...

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”