hypertherm 1250 settings in Mach 3

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
stainless steel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

hypertherm 1250 settings in Mach 3

Post by stainless steel »

Hi,
Not very good at all this tech stuff . Trying to dial in the cut quality of my table .
4x8 fastcut cnc icon , Hypertherm 1250 , Nestmaster 2012 , corel x5 , sheetcam ,Mach 3 . Air with dryers , filters , etc.
The hypertherm manual only goes so far . In mach 3 there is upper / lower fault limits ?. % of cut ? and numerous others .I don't know what they do much less the correct settings . When cutting at the settings in the manual , a typical cut will start off OK , then torch height creeps up (1/2 inch) . Ruins expensive material / frustrates gruppy old welder.But not always , some jobs are fine . All wires and usual checks done . I feel like speeds , delays , pierces , not working in sych .
Has made me mad enough to call up Community College and look into donating it for tax deduction .
Is there a Mach 3 printed manual available ? Any advise would be appreciated , this learning curve is frustrating .
Thanks Nick
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm 1250 settings in Mach 3

Post by grindergary »

Try this link. It will take you to Mach 3 software page for the manual.
http://www.machsupport.com/help-learnin ... t-manuals/

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

The first place you SHOULD look for help is the company that SOLD you the machine. Normally they are the ones that built the unit and configured the software to work with the Table. Most Screen sets are custom and were created by the manf.

Also they are the ones that profitted from the sale and SHOULD be the one you turn to for first help. They are the only ones that KNOW what is what about the setup/Screens etc and or problems associated with THEIR table.

To my knowledge there is NO specific Mach3 manual that deals with plasma. The closest one would be the early Mach3 manual for ver 1.84. In that manual Tom C explain a little of what goes on for plasma.

What THC controller is used on your machine?

Contrary to popular belief the total plasma process has a VERY STEEP learning curve to it and it takes TIME to learn it all.

Patience will be your friend in that process, hang in there and READ everything you can find about it. TEST and remember to take NOTES. Normally in those NOTES wil you find the answers to your problems(;-).

Just a though, (;-) TP
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

I agree with VMax. Mach 3 is a universal motion control and I/O control software that was not specifically designed with just plasma cutting in mind. Companies like www.candcnc.com have added their own screensets as well as plug ins that make the process extremely plasma friendly. The latest stuff from CandCNC can actually communicate through a serial link with certain Hypertherm plasma's to auto set air pressure and amperage....and they have all of the cut data loaded for each material type, power level and thickness.....simply choose the thickness and power level. This certainly can shorten the learning curve.

Jim Colt

vmax549 wrote:The first place you SHOULD look for help is the company that SOLD you the machine. Normally they are the ones that built the unit and configured the software to work with the Table. Most Screen sets are custom and were created by the manf.

Also they are the ones that profitted from the sale and SHOULD be the one you turn to for first help. They are the only ones that KNOW what is what about the setup/Screens etc and or problems associated with THEIR table.

To my knowledge there is NO specific Mach3 manual that deals with plasma. The closest one would be the early Mach3 manual for ver 1.84. In that manual Tom C explain a little of what goes on for plasma.

What THC controller is used on your machine?

Contrary to popular belief the total plasma process has a VERY STEEP learning curve to it and it takes TIME to learn it all.

Patience will be your friend in that process, hang in there and READ everything you can find about it. TEST and remember to take NOTES. Normally in those NOTES wil you find the answers to your problems(;-).

Just a though, (;-) TP

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”