Cleaning the INSIDE of a powermax

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Cleaning the INSIDE of a powermax

Post by 762frmafr »

I guess this question is really for Jim Colt. I have a Powermax 65 and I put my filter assembly together wrong one morning and ran it that way for a couple days till i finally figured out why i was suddenly going through consumables like crazy. So now I ask, can I spray some brake cleaner or some other kind of solvent in to the air inlet on my plasma cutter and put it on air purge to run it through? Will this mess anything up? Please let me know what my options are.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cleaning the INSIDE of a powermax

Post by jimcolt »

Nothing but clean, dry air should go in the air inlet. Anything else will cause issues which could include torch damage. Simply purge clean dry air through the system.

Jim Colt
762frmafr wrote:I guess this question is really for Jim Colt. I have a Powermax 65 and I put my filter assembly together wrong one morning and ran it that way for a couple days till i finally figured out why i was suddenly going through consumables like crazy. So now I ask, can I spray some brake cleaner or some other kind of solvent in to the air inlet on my plasma cutter and put it on air purge to run it through? Will this mess anything up? Please let me know what my options are.
762frmafr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by 762frmafr »

Ok. How long should it take to clean everything out again?
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Somewhere between 10 seconds and an hour or so. Depends what went in there!

Jim Colt
762frmafr wrote:Ok. How long should it take to clean everything out again?

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”