Am I expecting too much?

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Stout
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Am I expecting too much?

Post by Stout »

You are cutting these pieces in a clockwise direction right?

Water or contamination is also suspect. Put a piece of paper towel under the torch and turn on the air flow. See if the paper towel absorbs anything.
Victor Simonis
Grey Forest MetalCraft
Helotes, TX 78023
210-872-2622
Sector Technologies Photon 5x10 water table machine with Hypertherm Micro Edge Controller, Powermax 105
GPM870
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Am I expecting too much?

Post by GPM870 »

Yes I am cutting in a clockwise direction, I always have to double check to make sure of that. Machinist by day, I cut in a counterclockwise direction (tool rotating clockwise) so plasma feed direction is always "backwards" to me.
I had the curage (or stupidity) to cut some more parts out of aluminum on Saturday. Checked and rechecked all my settings and brand new consumables again right out of the package. I dropped the water level down to about 2" below the plate and started cutting. It went better than last time but after 18 parts (54 pierces and 324 inches) the consumables were shot! I only lost two parts that were so bad I had to scrap them. I think I am done working with aluminum for a long time. Here is a picture of some of the parts.
Thanks to everyone here at Plasmaspider for all your assistance and knowledge. I can't think of anywhere else were a person can go to learn so much from so many people. I just hope I can return the favor some day.
Gerry
Attachments
DSCF2844.JPG
Powermax 85
Sheetcam
Mach 3
4 x 4
burntables table

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”