serrated cuts

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Madammetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: serrated cuts

Post by Madammetal »

VMAX. it does seem to get a little better with the THC off. could you lead me in the direction of how to slow it down
Madammetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Madammetal »

i have figure out what is causing the problem. it is the vibration everyone has been talking about. now i have got to figure out a wat to fix that problem
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Madammetal wrote:the ground clamp is on a tab that is welded to slats in the water tray
so the contact with the plate is only as where the metal touches the slats and how good the conduction is to the metal. Since its critical in automated cutting that the current to the cut stays constant it imperative that the contact to t e material being cut is the best possible to the workclamp. Will a few volts variation cause by the current changing won't show up in a manual cut or in MIG welding it will cause the THC to change the height by as much as 1/2 the arc gap .

Ever tried to jump start a car from another with jumper cables? Even with the clamps on the terminals you have to sometimes wiggle them and get a better contact to get full current . Part of that is because only the teeth on the clamp are making contact (small area of contact) and there can be some oxidation, dirt and rust none of which conduct higher current very well.
Madammetal
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Madammetal »

Thats a great point. I will give this a try and see if it will help any. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out with my mess..

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”