1/2"Steel with PM45

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
KIDTech
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: 1/2"Steel with PM45

Post by KIDTech »

Another thing to look at is the z-axis itself, I had two issues with mine that affected the Proma working correctly.

1.) The soldering to the motor from the d-sub 9 connector was not very good and it would do wacky things and it basically through all the tuning out
of the window. You could move the axis 1" in Mach, check and it be 3", move it again the other direction 1", measure and it only move .25". So I had
to pull it apart and find a wire that was very loose and re-solder it. Has worked great ever since. The Proma is not a bad THC for what it is once
you learn it's quirks.
2.) Also if the action is dirty or not tight the tolerances and tuning can be wacky as well. There is a lot of good advice here and I have to agree with
what a lot are saying, typically the table is fine and it is something I am doing without knowing it that gives me bad cuts. There is a tremendous
learning curve to this stuff and it is a skill that unfortunately usually is learned by bad experiences. Just try to keep your head up, plugging forward
and learning from everything you've done.
DIY 5x10 v rail, rack and pinion
Gecko g540
Pm65 - aka game changer
Longevity ForceCut 42i is sitting on the shelf
Proma THC
ACAD, SheetCam, Mach3
Millermatic 211
NEW HORSE IN THE STABLE:
4'x8' LDR downdraft w/a scribe
Milltronics Partner 2 CNC mill

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”