MP3100 DTHC-IV install

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

MP3100 DTHC-IV install

Post by acourtjester »

This is an update on my install of a MP3100 DTHC-IV from CandCNC on my DIY table. The attached images are of cuts I made on ?? mild steel showing both top and bottom dross. I am very happy with the end result there may need to be a little more tweaking as to % of speed for the cut rules I setup so far. I am using a Hypertherm PM 65 set at 45 amps cutting speed of 48 ipm pierce height 0.150? and cut 0.060? arc volts 137 the cut rules I used are shown in the attached image. The only electronics I removed was the BOB board and then the install of the electronics supplied with the kit I bought from CandCNC. The dross shown was removed with one quick swipe of a flap wheel.

Have fun
Tom
Attachments
DSCN1348.JPG
cut rules.jpg
DSCN1347.JPG
DSCN1346.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: MP3100 DTHC-IV install

Post by SeanP »

You made light work of the install by the sounds of it, good stuff.

Interesting to see different ideas with the cut rules, I seemed to end up with separate ones likes of for holes or off at corners, that looks a better way combining into one rule to cover most jobs, I will try that.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: MP3100 DTHC-IV install

Post by Brand X »

I don't really seem to have dive issues, so mostly avoid putting rules in for most cuts. Still nice to have the option.. (same MP3100)

SeanP,
what a nice table you built. Quality parts, and just a nice simple/well thought out design!

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”