Duramax Torch Upgrade for Hypertherm 1250

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Duramax Torch Upgrade for Hypertherm 1250

Post by Nacs Fab »

I recently purchased this torch after speaking with several on this forum as well as Jim Colt and I just wanted to pass this along. I have not cut thick metal with this torch yet, but I can only assume it will be perfect. I am now cutting 14 gauge at 200 ipm with fine cut consumables as opposed to my old settings of 135 ipm. The dross completely gone from the bottom of my steel with exception of the places where it decels rapidly to round a corner or highly detailed portion of the cut. The edge angularity is near perfect - most definitely better than my old T80M torch. My system has never had trouble cutting thicker material as should be the same for any of you. Thin gauge metal is what drives our cut quality - or at least mine.

Any of you thinking about this upgrade - I highly recommend it. Thanks to Jim Colt, Old Sarge and cstroke from the boards for your input.
Shop Droids Plasmabot 3.0 DIY 4x8 with water table
G540 with LCTHC by candcnc
Hypertherm 1250 with Duramax Torch Upgrade
all built... by me...
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Duramax Torch Upgrade for Hypertherm 1250

Post by Largemouthlou »

Glad your liking it! I haven't had the time to hook mine up yet that I bought from "old sarge" Also have the feather touch here that is sitting on the counter just staring at me!!! Someday soon!! Just got word my 250 miller sycrowave is fixed, mother board went out :( :(

Another week another grand!!! LOL
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
Shane Warnick
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Shane Warnick »

Stop it. STOP POSTING about how great the Duramax torch is on a 1250. I have a T80M torch, and it is just fine. More than adequate. That is what I will keep telling myself. I have wanted one for months and you guys are killing me. I have been trying to justify dropping the money for a new torch and new consumables for quite awhile, now I go and read this. So just out of curiosity, have you noticed a significant increase in consumable life? I already get around 10,000 inches out of a finecut nozzle and usually 18-20,000 inches out of an electrode unless I am running parts with a ton of pierces. So, is it even more awesome than that? For what it's worth, I cut a ton of 14g and I cut at 140 ipm, you say you are running 200 ipm with zero dross, that would be a time saver for me for sure. Both in decreased production times as well as not having to knock off as much dross. If you could let me know what you are experiencing on the consumables end, and maybe post up a pic or two of some parts that you cut with zero or close to zero dross, I am sure I will have to liberate a thousand or so of my dollars. :roll:

Thanks
Shane
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Shane, I have a lot of cutting to do this weekend - I'll get some pics posted up for you.
all built... by me...
Nacs Fab
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Nacs Fab »

Here is a good comparison from a customer's 7 guage laser cut bracket and my plasma cut bracket with Duramax torch on a Hypertherm 1250. I used cheap calipers to measure this bracket, then duplicated it on my machine. 70 IPM book spec cutting with the holes cut at 60% less speed. I have cut a full 4x8 sheet of 1/4" with this nozzle and have an additional 7 4x8 sheets of 14 gauge on the same electrode with some extremely detailed artwork.
Laser cut bracket on top, Plasma Cut bracket on bottom.
Laser cut bracket on top, Plasma Cut bracket on bottom.
Laser cut bracket left, Plasma cut bracket right.
Laser cut bracket left, Plasma cut bracket right.
Sorry for the cell phone pics, but thats all i have at the moment. Hypertherm plasma cutters makes this venture well worth while when we compete with Laser in final cost. This comparison is hardly fair with a 420k machine vs. a home built 10k machine, but it sure makes this Plasma cutting business a definite contender!
all built... by me...
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

NICE!!!!!!

Im almost done using what stock of T80 consumables that I had left when I bought the used duramax torch from old sarge. I have a bag full of consumables waiting for it as well!!

Then on to my other purchased upgrades. I bought the electronics from Borstmetalworks, they were 2 yrs old and a upgrade to my 6 yr old blade runner with the old THC (which still work great. Next waiting for installation in the feather touch sensor!! Then to learn the new SC rules... Sounds like I will have a whole new learning experience!! LOL
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”