Tips burning up fast

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Little Leonard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Tips burning up fast

Post by Little Leonard »

I'm running a TD 82 I feel like I have all my setting close but my tips want cut over a half a sheet and burn up or I have to slow it down to finish cutting the sheet. What are something's I need to look at. I cut 3/16 steel at 67ipm with .14 pierce and .10 cut hight and I get a great cuts and lil to no doss. The only thing I've not really got dailed in is the DHC but I fig that cutting 3/16 there's no much warping. I'm running candcnc DHC. The other thing I might could think of is at the end of the cuts the torch cuts off on the way up and this is something it used to no do. Hope you guys can help.
4x8 Precison plasma table
Candcnc
Sheetcam,Mach3
TD cutmaster 82
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Tips burning up fast

Post by Team Tracker »

Your arc being lit while the torch is on its way up is certainly not helping and needs to be resolved however what are you using to filter and dry your air? Air quality is the number one cause of these types of problems that I see.
1-800-590-7804
mike 1948
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by mike 1948 »

I have a TD 52 and my charts say a .20 pierce and .19 cut height. Don't know what would cause torch to go off while ramping up. It should got out then raise up. Maybe a setting in Sheetcam, if that's what you are using.
Check the TD website for manuals for the 82. They will have up to date cut speeds and amp settings
Make sure you have "dry" air. Moisture will gobble up tips fast.

Mike
mike 1948
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by mike 1948 »

Just a thought. Are you using "genuine" TD consumables? I tried the Chinese knockoffs in order to save money, it did not work out at all. The tips would cut for crap after just a few feet of cutting. Electrodes worked for crap. Start cartridges, same, same. It was $200.00 down the crapper!!

Mike
Little Leonard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Little Leonard »

I am using the right tips, The air is dry, I'm thinking it's more to do with the torch not cutting off as it moves up. I'm not sure if I trust the td cut charts as far speed I'll play with the pierce some and see if that helps any.
Candcnc
Sheetcam,Mach3
TD cutmaster 82
timberfab
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by timberfab »

If you have a Cutmaster 82 and are using the manual for it, try out the A series Manual for proper cut charts. 1/2 inch steel @ 60 amps is 17IPM in the TDcutmaster 82 manual and 23 IPM in the A60 manual. try this link

http://www.trucutcnc.com/PDF/A60-manual.pdf

I set up my Torhcmate X with book specs and have to adjust a tiny bit on the Arc Voltage Control (to make up for not calibrating it)
mike 1948
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by mike 1948 »

Check your Gcode you should get a M03 to fire the torch and M05 to shut it off. Does the torch "shut off" or does it raise up so far it looses the arc, pops and goes out?

Mike
Little Leonard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Little Leonard »

Here is the Gcode
Attachments
image.jpg
Candcnc
Sheetcam,Mach3
TD cutmaster 82
vmax549
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by vmax549 »

First check your mach3 settings for the spindle delay on M5. There should be NO delay on either the M3 or the M5 in mach3's setup.

From your description it appears there is a delay AFTER the M5 is called.

Just a thought(;-) TP
Little Leonard
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Little Leonard »

It was the setting on the plasma cuttter had it on trigger hold never would have thought
Candcnc
Sheetcam,Mach3
TD cutmaster 82

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”