Cut speed and amp settings

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
KSR Enterprises
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cut speed and amp settings

Post by KSR Enterprises »

Hello, I am new to the plasma table world and a looking for some info. I have recently bought a used plasmacam DHC2 (used) and am using a miller spectrum 375 (because I had it) for now until I can afford a bigger power supply. I am currently doing pretty well at the design portion using Corel X6 and exporting a a DXF file, and okay with cutting. Can someone tell me where I can find some info for baseline amp and speed settings? Maybe even height settings? Thank you.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Cut speed and amp settings

Post by jimcolt »

If you look in the Miller Spectrum operators manual you will find some limited info. The 375 was designed as a strictly hand held plasma....so there will no be much info regarding machine cutting.

I am attachine a Hypertherm 30 amp cut chart that will get you in the ballpark, and when you get ready to upgrade the plasma, keep us in mind!

Jim Colt Hypertherm
30ampcut chart.png
KSR Enterprises
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by KSR Enterprises »

Thank you very much. Hypertherm is the brand I've been told I need my many. Just saving my pennies to do so. It will be in the next six months tho, most likely just after the first of the year. Thanks for the info.
Leeway
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Leeway »

Going with a Hypertherm 45 was a very good decision on my part.
It is the perfect machine for my needs. Not to mention all the free support I get from Jim. ;)
Lee
KeeYaw
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by KeeYaw »

Just a little FYI, if its for a business then purchasing before the first of the year(IF) possible will give you a great tax reduction. After the first of the year it changes dramatically. Just saying.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”