OHMIC SENSOR HELP

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
magee16701
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

OHMIC SENSOR HELP

Post by magee16701 »

I run a dynatorch cnc plasma cutter at work with the hypotherm powermax85. The thc is real finicky as it when it comes down to touch off for the pierce height it pushes the material right down and picks the gantry up a little bit. And when i adjust the setting so it dont push so hard the z axis will stop before it gets to material. So i gotta slow it down and this that and the other.But kinda tired of it so boss bought the ohmic sensor retaing cap but i cant figure out how to wire it.In the settings it says enable ohmic sensor on port c with auto retract or with out and enable ohmic sensor on port d with retract or without. so do it wire into one of the wires coming off the z motor like the crash detector or gotta wire it somewhere else and how do i assign a port to it. please help asap thank you very much
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: OHMIC SENSOR HELP

Post by jimcolt »

The ohmic sensing cap with the shield is the electrical connection for machines that have ohmic sensing built into their controls and software.....not all machines do. You will have to work with Dynatorch to determine if your machine has the capability, and how to integrate it.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

magee16701 wrote:I run a dynatorch cnc plasma cutter at work with the hypotherm powermax85. The thc is real finicky as it when it comes down to touch off for the pierce height it pushes the material right down and picks the gantry up a little bit. And when i adjust the setting so it dont push so hard the z axis will stop before it gets to material. So i gotta slow it down and this that and the other.But kinda tired of it so boss bought the ohmic sensor retaing cap but i cant figure out how to wire it.In the settings it says enable ohmic sensor on port c with auto retract or with out and enable ohmic sensor on port d with retract or without. so do it wire into one of the wires coming off the z motor like the crash detector or gotta wire it somewhere else and how do i assign a port to it. please help asap thank you very much
magee16701
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: OHMIC SENSOR HELP

Post by magee16701 »

yeah i end up calling them earlier they said gotta get some yellow box with connections on it or something thanks

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”