Arc Problems

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
jsd010
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Arc Problems

Post by jsd010 »

As you can see in my pictures, my machine is messing up when finishing the arcs. It seems to mess up on every circle I make whether its 16 " or 4'. It seems to get off when it starts working down and to the left of the axis every time and then in random spots others. I teach at a high school and am in the middle of making signs for Mother's Day and it is hindering our activities. I have a Torchmate 4x4 water table with avhc control and make sure that the metal is not bowed when cutting. I have also ran my hand along the allthread that the torch moves on my y axis and have not felt any problem areas.

Does anyone have any idea why it is doing this?
Attachments
20130502_150107.jpg
You can notice how one part of the circle is bigger than the other and the bold A got really narrow.
You can notice how one part of the circle is bigger than the other and the bold A got really narrow.
Josh Dahlem
Ag Teacher
Stanley FFA
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Arc Problems

Post by Gamelord »

I would put money on one of your drive gears/motors/belts are lose. Double check everything and then once you are done, check it all again. Even if you turn the screw and it feels tight, check it to make sure it is not slipping.

I had a similar problem and the set screw was jammed into the threads. I woulda sworn the thing was gorilla tight, but in reality the gear was slipping so the torch would not end up in the right spot at the end of a circle. The set screw was tight, the shaft was loose. :)
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”