hypertherm 1000

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
jjmueller
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

hypertherm 1000

Post by jjmueller »

What would be the the advantage to buying a new powermax 85 over a used 1000 or 1250? Just bought a table and looking for a good plasma to start with, would like to cut 1/2 or 3/4 material. I was looking at a used powermax 1000 online but not sure if it has the cnc interface that i would need. Where is this located maybe i can see it in the pictures or ask the seller to look.
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: hypertherm 1000

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I own a 1250. Its been a great investment and no complaints from me. Ive seen a New PM85 run on a cnc table. Outstanding performance. If you can pony up the cash for one of the newer PM models. I would suggest to go that route.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by kbenz »

the newer ones come with the duramax torch I believe
CandCNC
Mach3
Sheetcam
Draftsight
Hypertherm 65 machine torch
Millermatic 210
Passport plus
Spoolmate 150
Miller Bobcat 225
http://benzweldingandfabrication.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Benz-Wel ... 468?ref=hl
trucutcnc
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by trucutcnc »

As already pointed out, new machines have the Duramax torch. The biggest advantage to the Duramax is the quick change plug. If you're switching from hand to machine torches, it a time saver. They say the Duramax has better consumable life, but we've not noticed a difference.

A new machine will also have a warranty. With a used machine, you could be buying someone elses problems.
--------------------------------------------
http://www.trucutcnc.com
Ross Carlisle
Jackson, TN
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The earlier torches as used on the Powermax1000, 1250 and 1650 all have quick disconnect torches as well, although of a different design as compared to Duramax.
All of these systems can be upgraded to a Duramax torch....the Duramax has some new technology called conical flow...that uses the shield air flow to supercool the nozzle orifice, and after it passes the outside of the orifice the unique (patented) conical shap of the shield and nozzle forces the air to constrict the arc more than a conventional air plasma can...this increases the energy desity of the arc allowing for faster speeds and squarer cut edges....the life of the consumables in the Duramax torch as compared to the older G4 torches is 40 to 50% longer under normal conditions. Further, the Duramax torches use the new spring electrode technology that eliminates the moving pluger assembly in the torch.....which will increase reliability over time.

Upgrading to the newer technology Powermax65, 85 and 105 will bring you a smaller, lighter power supply with higher duty cycles, higher efficiency, automatic air pressure control as well as a full digital diagnostic screen. There also are optional CPC machine interfaces as well as a serial interface for more advanced cnc machines.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

trucutcnc wrote:As already pointed out, new machines have the Duramax torch. The biggest advantage to the Duramax is the quick change plug. If you're switching from hand to machine torches, it a time saver. They say the Duramax has better consumable life, but we've not noticed a difference.

A new machine will also have a warranty. With a used machine, you could be buying someone elses problems.
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

All Powermax 1000's are equipped with the machine interface CPC connector on the rear panel. These machines have been out of production for almost 3 years...but will be supported by Hypertherm for many years. Upgrading the Powermax1000, 1250 or 1650 to the new style Duramax torch does improve cut quality and consumable life significantly.

Jim Colt
jjmueller wrote:What would be the the advantage to buying a new powermax 85 over a used 1000 or 1250? Just bought a table and looking for a good plasma to start with, would like to cut 1/2 or 3/4 material. I was looking at a used powermax 1000 online but not sure if it has the cnc interface that i would need. Where is this located maybe i can see it in the pictures or ask the seller to look.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”