Need Help!Anyone in North TX??Plasmacam/Powermax 45

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
SouthernDove
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Need Help!Anyone in North TX??Plasmacam/Powermax 45

Post by SouthernDove »

Trying to get my through my 1st Run on my Plasmacam/Handheld Powermax 45 Torch!! Brand new wiring and all equipment! Trying to cut 18 Gauge... Cannot Control Gantry Error Message!
Someone said to lubricate the gears/gear racks with Dry Graphite Spray and I could not find any of it in 4 Diff Auto shops here! Only the small tubes of dry graphite...
So dang much $ invested and getting ready to SALE IT ALL. :x
~Jennifer
mike66
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Need Help!Anyone in North TX??Plasmacam/Powermax 45

Post by mike66 »

Don't give up I had "issues" when I first got my plasmacam , but between plasmaspider and the plasmacam owners community we got it straightened out. Both sites have exellent people that are willing to help just give it some time.
Good luck

mike66
SouthernDove
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by SouthernDove »

Thank you, Mike. It's just tough to watch that equipment sit there and not be able to communicate with it! lol... The local welding shop is really awesome, but, they have noone that knows cnc plasma cutting. So, I'm trying to ponder my my options. It's obvious they're limited, even if I pay someone top dollar.
~Jennifer
tdalechick
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by tdalechick »

I agree. I am about ready to sale everything to if I can't get these skips fixed...I have orders already coming in and can't cut nothing!!! Getting disappointed myself....
cstroke
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cstroke »

The learning curve on these machines is daunting at times..

but believe this, the problems you are having now will be soon distant memories..
These machines can be very frustrating..
Keep at it, you'll get it..
6’x12’ Dynatorch powermax 85
12’ Wysong brake
5’x 5/16’ wysong rolls
3.8’x10’ shear
65 Ton ironworker
Boss laser 3655 150 watt CO2.
SFX 100watt Mopa
Quicncy 7.5hp
Square wave tig, Multimatics, Miller bobcat efi.
JWBIRONWORKS
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by JWBIRONWORKS »

I have a DHC2 and just replaced my old powermax 380 with a new powermax 45. I had several issues including skipping on startup. I solved all of them by doing 3 things. #1 following the calibration procedure the tech guys e-mailed me. #2 Running the power for the control box to a seperate circuit than the computer. #3 Making sure I ground to the cut sheet not the material supports.
I had no issues with the 380. they didn't surface until I hooked up the 45.Not sure why. Now that I have it running I'm glad I switched. But it does get flustrating.
John Bennett

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”