Drilling retaining cap

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
goyoasturias
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Drilling retaining cap

Post by goyoasturias »

Good morning, excuse my English online translator. I send photo of drilling my retaining cap is it normal? is dangerous for the machine. The machine is a 1650 cutting 60AMP Hypertherm in water table.
Attachments
2012-09-12_14-34-43_999.jpg
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Drilling retaining cap

Post by jimcolt »

The picture is not clear. If there is a hole in the retaining cap or shield they should be replaced. This will affect cut quality and consumable life.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

goyoasturias wrote:Good morning, excuse my English online translator. I send photo of drilling my retaining cap is it normal? is dangerous for the machine. The machine is a 1650 cutting 60AMP Hypertherm in water table.
Francisco
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Francisco »

Hola, Goyo.

Te recomiendo remplazar todos los consumibles (tubo de v?rtice, tubo de retenci?n, electrodo, boquilla, escudo) y el anillo de sello (junta t?rica, "O-ring"). El da?o que se aprecia en la foto probablemente fue causado por un electrodo no remplazado oportunamente; conviene hacerlo cuando el inserto de torio (la barrita de color plata en el centro de la punta del electrodo) ha quedado hundido 0,8 mm respecto a la punta del cuerpo de cobre.

Saludos desde M?xico
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

what did you just say? ;)
Brian
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

BrianMick wrote:what did you just say? ;)
Brian
Loose translation:

Hello, Goyo.

I recommend you replace all consumables (vortex tube, holding tube, electrode, nozzle, shield) and the seal ring (O-ring, "O-ring"). The damage observed in the photo was probably caused by an electrode not promptly replaced, should do when the insert thorium (the silver bar in the center of the electrode tip) has been sunk 0.8 mm from the copper tip body.

Greetings from Mexico
goyoasturias
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by goyoasturias »

Thank you all for your patience, google translator Nothing more. Only feared jeopardizing the machine because these defects occur in the retaining cap. I understand that is common and does not endanger the plasma generator, right?.

Greetings to all from Spain
Francisco

Post by Francisco »

My apologies, Brian; I didn't mean to be disrespectful to you or any fellow forum members. I replied in spanish to make sure Goyo received the information as intended; as good as online translators are getting, they are still far from perfect. Steelfx's translation is, by the way, quite accurate... online service?http://www.plasmaspider.com/posting.php ... f=4&t=7869#

Goyo: Tanto la antorcha como la misma fuente pueden da?arse si el chorro de plasma no se establece y dirige correctamente. Es vital que remplaces los consumibles oportunamente. Consulta el manual o pregunta a tu distribuidor.

That means...

"Goyo: Both the torch and the plasma machine are in danger of being damaged if the arc is not correctly established and focused. It's vitally important that you replace consummables in a timely fashion. Please consult the manual or ask your supplier".
BrianMick

Post by BrianMick »

No problem, I just bet many of us have had this problem and just curious what was going on. I only speak about 15 words of spanish so I had no Idea what you said. Thanks for the translation..... ;)
Brian
goyoasturias
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by goyoasturias »

many thanks for the help. greetings

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”