Down loading DXF

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Down loading DXF

Post by OTHill »

Hi Ive been trying to down load the free dxf of the week.It comes in to inkscape as a bunch of very small squiggly lines and dots.I need step by step help how to get it through Inkscape and into Sheetcam.I'm guessing it must need to be scaled properly? Allan
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
4R8
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Down loading DXF

Post by 4R8 »

Is there a reason you want to go through Inkscape prior to sheetcam?

Importing complex DXF's into Inkscape isn't easy and different files like to be done using different methods and settings.
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Can I go direct into sheetcam and how would I do that?Thanks Allan
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Ok,I just got it imported into sheetcam but it comes in about twice as wide as my table. What now?
Chopper John
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Chopper John »

Can you scale it when importing?
Chopper John
Mad City Cycles, Inc.

"Every piece of paper has two good sides... Unless you use magic marker then you're f*cked."
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

Thanks that works.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”