New Table

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
The Rusty Texan
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

New Table

Post by The Rusty Texan »

Finally got my new table all setup, heading to the metal yard to grab some steel!

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... /table.jpg
Millermatic 212
Burntable 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Therustytexan.com
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Table

Post by tnbndr »

I'm jealous.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

What do they use for their linear rails, or whatever the gantry travels on? I've tried to figure it out from pics I've seen, but haven't found any with enough detail.
The Rusty Texan
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

The entire table is built from 2x4 rectanlgular tubing. We loaded it on my trailer to get it home and the builder said it weighed about 800lbs, I believe it because my overhead crane was struggling to get it off. That was one of the main reasons i bought this machine. It was the best built one that i have seen.
Millermatic 212
Burntable 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Therustytexan.com
fredfox
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by fredfox »

Dont they look good when they are new. Take a picture after cutting steady for a few months. You will enjoy it even when it is dirty.
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by I Lean »

What I meant to ask, was what do they use for bearings or linear rails? For example, my table is made from 2"x4" and 1.5" square steel, and then I have extruded aluminum V rails and V bearings for the moving parts. Some tables just have plain bearings riding directly on square tube. Others have "real" linear rails and bearing trucks. What do the Burntables use?
The Rusty Texan
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

It has a c channel on the outside of the rectangular tubing that has a gear track welded underneath it. The gears are driven by the motors. I will try to post a better picture.
Millermatic 212
Burntable 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Therustytexan.com
ssyork
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by ssyork »

I've been looking at their tables too. Seem well built, nice tables. Was wandering if you had any other first impressions of the table? Did you get the engraver too? Thanks
and jealous x2
The Rusty Texan
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

I considered torch mate but they seemed a little light weight. And for that kind of money you should at least get a table with legs. I hear stories of guys setting up their gantries on saw horses and made up tables. I didn't feel comfortable setting a 500lb piece of plate on a make shift deal. I also thought they were very light weight. I come from a welding background and I am like all the other welders out there that over builds everything. When I saw this table and I could not even pick up a corner of it, I knew this was the table for me. And with a personal cell phone number to the man that built it. I have called him 50 times already , even on a late Sunday night and he solved my problems. I did not get the engraver but I did get the router system. The software I am using is Roland engrave studio and after a week of using it, I feel like I can do anything. I would post pics but my iPad won't let me. But I do have a website therustytexan.com and a Facebook. Other than torch mate I didn't look at any others. This guys shop is 100 miles from my house, that was truly the easiest decision.
Millermatic 212
Burntable 4x8
Hypertherm 65
Therustytexan.com

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”