New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
Shier23
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Shier23 »

Hey everyone, a little about myself. I started my own metal fabrication business early last year. (Premier Welding Services, LCC) I mainly do structural fabrication for automotive facilities such as headers, stair stringers and handrail. I also do a lot of stainless work for water treatment facilities along with any of the local farmers who need equipment repaired. So far this year I've added a Piranha Ironworker and a New Ellis bandsaw. I'm looking to add a CNC plasma table early in 2025, I do not have any experience at all with CNC machines so I will definitely be leaning on this forum. Right now, I'm leaning towards the BOSS WHC light industrial 5x10 with the Powermax 85. I'm happy to have found this page and look forward to learning a lot from everyone.

Thanks.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Newbie

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, lots of great info here to help you get started with a table, feel free to ask questions. If you have experiences with CAD that a good start, Next word be The CAM software, don't know if you selection comes with software or not as some do. There are lots or files you can download from here for you to look at or work with. Hypertherm is a great choice many here use them. You can use the search function in the upper right for a look around or maybe some learning info. Have fun
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Shier23
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Shier23 »

Thanks, I don’t have much experience with cad, it’s something I’d definitely like to learn, as of now I’ve got an engineer that works for me and does cad work and dxf files when I need to have something burned.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Welcome to the forum! That BOSS WHC light industrial 5x10 looks like a well built table. It says it uses the Halo controller which is one I have not heard of before. When I click on the "Halo" button at their site, it just goes in an endless loop and keeps coming back to the same page with no information. I would personally want to know more about the controller and control system/software before considering a purchase.

If you keep pretty busy and have plenty of work, it makes sense to farm out your cad work to engineer or equivalent. If you have any interest in the design side of things, then I might make sense to start looking into cad/cam programs for doing some of your own design work.

Good luck with your new table!

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”