Hypertherm 45XP - Single side bevel

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Kwikvette
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm 45XP - Single side bevel

Post by Kwikvette »

acourtjester wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 12:21 pm So you are saying you replaced the HF press with this one??
https://www.trick-tools.com/Bend_Press_ ... UcQAvD_BwE
Yep, except I opted for the Deluxe kit (with 4 way die) and got the whole thing on sale. Saved a bit more when I got the air over hydraulic on Amazon for only $97 as well.

The recent work, and work I do often for a local shop, all require small parts with most of it being 3/16" steel. Helps that the brake paid for itself within 1 month of being put into service and I plan to keep it in the shop indefinitely.

I do plan to make a larger press brake that'll utilize American dies but I don't see a need at least for another year or two.

Even though I love welding and fabricating, I'm disabled so I never take on too much work at once, or work on items larger than I want to deal with.
Kwikvette
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Kwikvette »

Forgot to mention, this is how I've got my brake mounted on my table.

Just a few shoulder bolts meant for fixture tables -

And I just use a foot pedal to operate it.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Interesting they recommend in their ad not to use a air over hydraulic for safety reasons, could over stress the press :Wow
But who is watching. :HaHa :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Kwikvette
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Kwikvette »

acourtjester wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 4:05 pm Interesting they recommend in their ad not to use a air over hydraulic for safety reasons, could over stress the press :Wow
But who is watching. :HaHa :HaHa
Interesting

Even Trick-Tools commented on my video I did of this press brake, and it showed my air over hydraulic jack being used
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I watched this Trick Tools video and I was amazed that they seemed to get perfect 90 degree bends every time with no angle gauge or other assists.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

This is my mini press brake. I think Tom may appreciate this as I know you often work with smaller hobby type parts.

David
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
Kwikvette
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Kwikvette »

adbuch wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:53 pm I watched this Trick Tools video and I was amazed that they seemed to get perfect 90 degree bends every time with no angle gauge or other assists.
It's not hard after two or three parts.

Here's me running the press brake when it was on my other table -

But I did use my small carpenter square in the video just to ensure I didn't overbend. Since then, I don't even check for 90 until after I pull it out. I'm getting 90 every time right out of the brake.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Those are some great looking parts, and a very nice shop you have there. I've got a small square that I use as well, along with a digital height gauge for repeatable bend angles. I usually end up having to make some slight adjustments to the part (once out of the press brake) to get them to exactly square. If you're doing this all the time, then you have your "feel" for the press brake dialed in for the particular parts you are making.

I have a few of the Rhino carts that look similar to your setup. I think I did buy them from Trick Tools as they offered a discount with free shipping at the time (probably around 2017 or so). Strong Hand Tools makes some great tooling as well.

Here are some photos of my Rhino carts.

Click on the link to see the slideshow.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SsDsKC4MvY7FEAkU6
rhino carts 1.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7xdUae3eoVWjbSrL7
rhino carts 2.jpg
David
Kwikvette
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Kwikvette »

adbuch wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:52 am Those are some great looking parts, and a very nice shop you have there. I've got a small square that I use as well, along with a digital height gauge for repeatable bend angles. I usually end up having to make some slight adjustments to the part (once out of the press brake) to get them to exactly square. If you're doing this all the time, then you have your "feel" for the press brake dialed in for the particular parts you are making.

I have a few of the Rhino carts that look similar to your setup. I think I did buy them from Trick Tools as they offered a discount with free shipping at the time (probably around 2017 or so). Strong Hand Tools makes some great tooling as well.

Here are some photos of my Rhino carts.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/SsDsKC4MvY7FEAkU6
rhino carts 1.jpg

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7xdUae3eoVWjbSrL7
rhino carts 2.jpg

David
Always liked those rhino carts, looks good!

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”