HVAC Fitting Call For Help

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

HVAC Fitting Call For Help

Post by JoshCM »

Hello!

Sorry for the direct message but I have just began learning design software for HVAC fittings as we are a small starting business. I’m supposed to learn design of fittings and run the plasma machine.

Admittedly has been very difficult as I have no experience in this or design but pushing through! I see you all have experience and was hoping you could possibly have files you could send of fittings I’m struggling to make. I use ShopData Systems Quickduct CAM Bench which I believe takes .dxf files into its drawing software. You would be a life saver if you could help me! Feel free to message me about anything. I have roughly 20 fittings I need to make at roughly 20 different sizes each. I would be eternally grateful.

Thank you! :Sad :Like :Like
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HVAC Fitting Call For Help

Post by weldguy »

Often fittings are designed in a certain way to match the post processing equipment for seams and things. You have powerful software that will work well for you and I think you would be best to watch some videos and learn how to use your ShopData Systems and create the fittins you need. I expect the software is already setup for your shops equipment so generating the fittings should not be too tough. I would help but I do not have HVAC design software.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Hi Josh,

First, what is your DEADLINE to draw these assorted fittings for your HVAC project?

The software you have will do the job, but if you do not have the time to go through the LEARNING CURVE required to use the software to create ducting and elbows and joints, then it is useless to you at the moment.

You might post a LIST of the fittings you need HERE, so people can get some idea of what you require.

I have HVAC software, and would be glad to create the various cut files for you. I am assuming you will be using something like 16 or 18 gauge galvanized sheet metal, correct? What size is your cnc plasma table? Are you going to spot weld the pieces, or use pop rivets, or ???

Post the dimensions and angles here in a LIST, and I will draw one or two of them just to make sure I can create what you require.

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ROKCRLER »

Post up an example of what you're needing to make.
I'm using 2-3 different software for duct work depending on what the part is.
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JoshCM »

Thank you for the response, everyone! To answer Joe's question on the deadline, I was hoping to have these ready in 1.5 months. This is a great software; I am just very new to it. I do hope to feel comfortable at some point to be able to make any design, and I will keep working on it. I can send a drawing of a piece unfolded with dimensions and angles later today if not tomorrow! as well as a list of fittings I hope to have as a base and figure out from there.

I would usually use 24-26 gauge. the table is but the sheet size we are cutting with is 48 in. x 120 in. It would be a mixture of both spot welds, folding/tab joints, and possible rivets, depending on piece but can specify on drawing no problem. thank you again everyone.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Josh, if YOU can do the unfolded drawing for cutting, then that is great! I thought you needed someone to create those unfolded cut files for you.

Joe
Plasma:

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
50 Watt GALVO fiber

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JoshCM »

Sorry Joe, I mean a physical a drawing of it on piece of paper as reference. I do need help getting it into a dxf drawing using the software tools.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

ok. I will be glad to draw a couple of them so you can determine whether the files I draw will help you.

Joe
Plasma:

Lasers:
50 Watt GALVO fiber

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

JoshCM wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:39 pm Sorry Joe, I mean a physical a drawing of it on piece of paper as reference. I do need help getting it into a dxf drawing using the software tools.
Post a screen shot of your paper drawing and there are members here who can show you how to create a dxf file from your hand drawing.
David
JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JoshCM »

Hey guys,

I got a drawing of a B-box. here. I tried to put in all dimensions and angles. This fitting is put together by two pieces. the t-shaped box in the bottom of the drawing and a rectangle which would be the collar. For the collar height, I put D = 3 but would need 3.5 to have enough to connect them together. I would fold the .5 part of the collar into the box and then spot weld. I also put the sizes I hope to have for this one fitting.
75122728066__DC5FE584-C7CF-4918-99D2-15C73AF7007B.jpeg
IMG_8991.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Have you searched You Tube for how to videos?
JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JoshCM »

design videos are pretty limited with this software but currently learning. Was able to make a base can but the tools get overwhelming. The register box i linked earlier is used in the Bay Area but surprised to not see it on the softwares library. I see people here have been designing for very long time so maybe they have these shapes on file.

Other fittings I was hoping for to begin messing with were:
- Sealed Straight Wyes
- Universal Wyes
- Round takeoffs
- Drain Pan
- 90 degree register boot, this one gave me a lot of trouble
- end boot

Josh
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Are you having problems using your existing cad software to draw the flat pieces you wish to bend to the final configuration? Also, do I understand you correctly that you want to make this part from a single piece (box plus the round part)?

David
ROKCRLER

Post by ROKCRLER »

Josh, I took a look at Quickduct CAM Bench and man thats a powerful software,but pricy!
I called in to findout more about it and cost, at $6000 for one license its a bit out of my price range but man is it nice.
I couldnt find much on tutorials either other than their demos.
Im going to give it a whirl on your parts with SheetLightning Pro.

Quickduct has the fields to fill in your data, have you by chance looked in the help link on the software for tutorials?
Quickduct.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JoshCM »

Hi david

Yes I know the shape I need for the 2d parts that I will fold but am having trouble utilizing the tools to get the curves and angles. This part would be made of two pieces. The round part is one rectangle that is welded on top of each other to form the circle and the t shaped part will make the box.

Josh
JoshCM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JoshCM »

ROKCRLER wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 6:29 pm but man is it nice.
I couldnt find much on tutorials either other than their demos.
Im going to give it a whirl on your parts with SheetLightning Pro.

Quickduct has the fields to fill in your data, have you by chance looked in the help link on the software for tutorials?
Quickduct.png
It honestly is a great piece of software and it’s because of how much you can do that we chose it but I underestimated the learning curve and met with deadlines just doesn’t work. I hope to be a pro at some point and cut some great designs and hopefully post on here in the future.

Support has been cool and tried sending videos but a little older software used in videos.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Unless I am missing something, :roll: Plate n' Sheet software seems to do the same thing for less money.

Joe

http://www.plate-n-sheet.com/
Plasma:

Lasers:
50 Watt GALVO fiber

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

JoshCM wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:03 pm Hi david

Yes I know the shape I need for the 2d parts that I will fold but am having trouble utilizing the tools to get the curves and angles. This part would be made of two pieces. The round part is one rectangle that is welded on top of each other to form the circle and the t shaped part will make the box.

Josh
Are you wanting to have someone draw up these dxf files and supply them to you for input to your program? Also - do you have any experience with any other cad drawing programs?

If you are only wanting someone to draw the 10 different flat dxf files for you, send me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

David

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”