Lasers Are HERE

Topics related to laser engravers and laser cutters.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Lasers Are HERE

Post by Joe Jones »

I realize that DesignEdge Software is awesome for drawing vector files and I know that the Plasmacam tables are pretty awesome in their own right. However, I can’t help but notice that there are literally dozens of affordable fiber lasers on the market now. I am shopping for a fiber, laser that will cut, perhaps a quarter inch material or maybe a bit less.

I received a quote for a Chinese fiber laser on a 5 x 10‘ open table format, similar to the Samson 510 table. Their quote for the table with a 2000 W fiber, laser was $16,000. I’m sure there would be some import fees and taxes, etc. but this is a 2000 W laser that can cut through 12 gauge material effortlessly.

I suppose that plasma cutting will always have a place in metal fabrication, for things like making gussets and saddles on a job site, but I am guessing that in three years time, if the entire world doesn’t fall apart, SERIOUS LASER tables will come down to the point where they are almost irresistible.

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Lasers Are HERE

Post by acourtjester »

Joe you better look into cloning yourself, lots of equipment for a one man ship. :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 10:30 am Joe you better look into cloning yourself, lots of equipment for a one man ship. :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa
The plan was to set up a magnificent shop with all of these tools and then maybe bring in some people to make the products I would sell. I even thought about bringing in high school students from the local high school to let them work in a shop environment on certain tools, but my insurance agent said it would be a liability nightmare.

These two 3-D printers that I am buying now and I’m currently in Alabama to pick up, are probably the last two large machines I’m going to buy. However, I am seriously looking at a 2000 to 3000 W fiber laser table. The prices have come down so low, it almost makes sense to buy one rather than buy a table at this point

Also, as with everything else, the competition is increasing. They used to be boss LASER, and a couple of other companies. Now there are literally 60 or 70 companies selling high-end large format, CO2 and fiber lasers. The current offer I have is for a 2000 W laser on a 5 x 10 table that will cut through 20 mm mild steel for under $16,000. When I look at plasma and everything that’s involved in that and what it produces, I am wondering why even bother with the plasma table anymore

Anyway, nothing seems to matter. I am moving forward as if we are going to still have a country in six months and the currency and the government, but I am highly doubting that that will actually exist soon.

Joe
Plasma:

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
50 Watt GALVO fiber

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

Well. I like new machines too. But if they never get used, well, they may as well stay on the store floor. Or not? I wish you the best Joe, I would like to know where your money printer is tho :-)
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Well, okay then!

I received an email from a Saudi prince who wanted me to help him smuggle billions of dollars out of the country by depositing a check into my account, and keeping only 40% of it for myself. I sent him back a check for the difference. I've been so busy buying things that I haven't had time to open all of these letters from my bank. :lol:

Joe
Plasma:

Lasers:
50 Watt GALVO fiber

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Return to “Laser Engravers & Cutters”