WTB Hypertherm pendant

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
metalmagpie
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

WTB Hypertherm pendant

Post by metalmagpie »

I've been researching how to build a Hypertherm pendant and many of the posts I see (old posts, sadly) are from people who say they have one they've never used.

I am trying to buy one without paying Hypertherm's inflated price. If you have one you'd like to sell please PM me, thaniks.

metalmagpie
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: WTB Hypertherm pendant

Post by weldguy »

The price is ridiculous on those. Would be pretty easy to make your own switch box for a few bucks. Does your Hypertherm model has a CPC port on the back of it?
metalmagpie
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by metalmagpie »

weldguy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 2:01 pm The price is ridiculous on those. Would be pretty easy to make your own switch box for a few bucks. Does your Hypertherm model has a CPC port on the back of it?
Yes, it's a Powermax 1000.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

The reason you see them and they are not used is because they are nothing but a way to Manually fire the Machine torch
On the 1000 there are only two signals you can use: Torch Fire and Transfer (Arc OK) there is no divided voltage on MOST of those models. So I am curious....what are you going to do with it>? If its on a manual pantograph table I can see using the torch fire. That is a really simple NO switch between pins 3 and 4 on that CPC connector . Two wires, One switch. 2 wire cable.
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Part no's on this thread for components needed:

https://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic. ... ns#p214462
metalmagpie
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by metalmagpie »

tcaudle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 4:09 pm The reason you see them and they are not used is because they are nothing but a way to Manually fire the Machine torch
On the 1000 there are only two signals you can use: Torch Fire and Transfer (Arc OK) there is no divided voltage on MOST of those models. So I am curious....what are you going to do with it>? If its on a manual pantograph table I can see using the torch fire. That is a really simple NO switch between pins 3 and 4 on that CPC connector . Two wires, One switch. 2 wire cable.
I plan to use it on either a track burner or a 'pantograph' mag tracing pattern cutter.
I think I know how to build a cable. For now, I'm being lazy and trying to find one I can use. A machine interface cable would work for me too, that would get me most of the way to a pendant.

metalmagpie

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”