Sheetcam not showing check boxes

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Sheetcam not showing check boxes

Post by mitchw123456 »

I have been fighting sheetcam on Linux and have pretty much learned to live with it but it still annoys me. For some odd reason the check mark boxes do not show up. For example, if I want to reverse cut the box isn't there to click on. Now I can click around and eventually get it to work properly I just can physically see it. Any suggestions?
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam not showing check boxes

Post by mitchw123456 »

See if pic works this time
Attachments
IMG_6437.jpeg
4130metalworks
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 4130metalworks »

I am not familiar with linux so would wait on others, but have you checked the post processor is the correct?
Also give the development version of sheetcam a go
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

The post processor will only come into play when generating the actual G-code. It should not affect the screen appearance. Perhaps the Linux version is different than the Window version, or perhaps your might try uninstalling and reinstalling your SheetCam.

David
SheetCam cut direction.jpg
sheetcamCS2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by sheetcamCS2 »

Linux can be finicky wrt display device drivers and settings. What you're not seeing, the box outline, could be a pixel resolution matter. I'm guessing. Perhaps try some slightly different display resolution settings in Linux. The post processor choice should not be a factor. Sheetcam version could be a factor, try v7.1.35 and apply any latest updates from that if not already doing so.
I will also forward this to Les for his input.

One more thought- does your display driver have a such granular settings as to the color or pixel width of outlines for input fields ?
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

adbuch wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:35 am The post processor will only come into play when generating the actual G-code. It should not affect the screen appearance. Perhaps the Linux version is different than the Window version, or perhaps your might try uninstalling and reinstalling your SheetCam.

David

It’s not just that dialog box it’s literally all of them.
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

sheetcamCS2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 9:39 am Linux can be finicky wrt display device drivers and settings. What you're not seeing, the box outline, could be a pixel resolution matter. I'm guessing. Perhaps try some slightly different display resolution settings in Linux. The post processor choice should not be a factor. Sheetcam version could be a factor, try v7.1.35 and apply any latest updates from that if not already doing so.
I will also forward this to Les for his input.

One more thought- does your display driver have a such granular settings as to the color or pixel width of outlines for input fields ?
I have absolutely know idea what your last paragraph even means. 😂. I’ll try adjusting screen resolution
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

adbuch wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 6:35 am The post processor will only come into play when generating the actual G-code. It should not affect the screen appearance. Perhaps the Linux version is different than the Window version, or perhaps your might try uninstalling and reinstalling your SheetCam.

David

Actually in SheetCAM what options you see on the screen in Operations and in the Tool parameters is controlled FROM the POST in both Windows and LINUX. It's one of the unique thugs about ShhetCAm and it allows you to add other options in FROM the POST that can be custom defined and with defaults. The custom settings get stored in the ToolSet. and they load into SheetCAM when you select a specific POST in OPTIONS/MACHINE/POST PROCESSOR. They talk back and forth .

Here is an Operation panel and a tool dialogue using the Hypertherm45-105+codes_SYNC.tools toolset. Note the added parameters
SheetCAMCutsettings.png
These come from code in the POST
As to the missing boxes looks liek something is missing in either the toolset or the POST is messed up
I dont thinkits a Linux issue
Attachments
SheetCAMtoolsettngs.png
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

This sounds like a GTK2 theme issue. In your system settings, look for GTK themes. Try selecting a different theme.
sheetcamCS2
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by sheetcamCS2 »

@tcaudle- on the side note- you make a good point about the post processor being able to add parameters to tool definitions. You make an even better point to also include and demonstrate that the pp can add parameters to Cutting Operations. That my friend is undocumented as far as I know, but it's certainly nice to know :) The function is DefineCustomParam(), it has the same arg list as DefineCustomToolParam(), except that the first arg is a cutting op type , such as "JetOperation".
Last edited by sheetcamCS2 on Sun Oct 13, 2024 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

sheetcamCS2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 8:51 pm @tcaudle- on the side note- you make a good point about the post processor being able to add parameters to tool definitions. You make an even better point to also include and demonstrate that the pp can add parameters to Cutting Operations. That my friend is undocumented as far as I know, but it's certainly nice to know :) The function is DefineCustomParam(), it has the same arg list as DefineCustomToolParam(), except that the first arg is a cutting op name, such as "JetOperation".
:Like :Like :Like
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tcaudle wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 3:38 pm

David

Actually in SheetCAM what options you see on the screen in Operations and in the Tool parameters is controlled FROM the POST in both Windows and LINUX. It's one of the unique thugs about ShhetCAm and it allows you to add other options in FROM the POST that can be custom defined and with defaults. The custom settings get stored in the ToolSet. and they load into SheetCAM when you select a specific POST in OPTIONS/MACHINE/POST PROCESSOR. They talk back and forth .

Here is an Operation panel and a tool dialogue using the Hypertherm45-105+codes_SYNC.tools toolset. Note the added parameters
SheetCAMCutsettings.png
These come from code in the POST
As to the missing boxes looks liek something is missing in either the toolset or the POST is messed up
I dont thinkits a Linux issue
Tom - thanks for that great explanation. What I meant do say was the the post processor should not affect the appearance (or lack of) of the check box next to the "Reverse cut direction" tool. I think it has more to do with what Les has said about being a GTK theme issue. However, I was not aware that changes to the post processor could change what tool appear in the SheetCam Jet tool tabs. That is great know for future reference.

Thanks,
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Les Newell wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2024 5:00 pm This sounds like a GTK2 theme issue. In your system settings, look for GTK themes. Try selecting a different theme.
:Like :Like :Like

Thanks Les!

David
4130metalworks

Post by 4130metalworks »

I didn’t know there was a difference either till recently david. I was asking a question about the anti dive percentage on my sheetcam tool set and nobody was really understanding my question till lou figured out that i was using a masso g3. Our page has different options to the one above

Thats why i like this forum, we all learn something new
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Tom - thanks for that great explanation. What I meant do say was the the post processor should not affect the appearance (or lack of) of the check box next to the "Reverse cut direction" tool. I think it has more to do with what Les has said about being a GTK theme issue. However, I was not aware that changes to the post processor could change what tool appear in the SheetCam Jet tool tabs. That is great know for future reference.

Thanks,
David
I agree on the vanishing boxes issue that it probably is a Linux Theme issue or the screen resolution issue. A lot of newer packages user wide screen monitors and HDMI type resolution . LINUX has themes that let you alter the look of the running application . You can call a theme in the load segment of an application as long as that theme is on the PC. Depending on the LINUX DISTRO it can have up to 20 or more themes . To look at themes in the Linux menu find SETTINGS and APPEARANCE and see if you have a list of Themes.

To change resolution (provided your PC video and you monitor support it,) you use SETTINGS/DISPLAY and it will show you any choices you have .

Return to “SheetCam”