Inkscape screen appearance

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Inkscape screen appearance

Post by adbuch »

CNC_rowdy wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:05 am David, if I can ask, what is your version of Inkscape? The screen looks so much user friendly than mine. Yours just looks so much more less complicated than mine. Mine is all black colored with way to many icons all over the place. I am no computer guru, but I could probably get something done in Inkscape if I had a version as easy looking as yours.
thanks,
Tim
Tim - I am using Inkscape version 1.2.2. There are settings you can use to change the background color from black to white, and other settings to pick the look of the icons. These settings would be similar for Inkscape versions 1.2 and newer. I have shown below the settings I am using for the Inkscape version 1.2.2 that I am using. If you would care to post a screen shot of what your Inkscape screen look like - I will have a look.

David
Inkscape edit preferences 1.jpg
Inkscape edit preferences 2.jpg
Inkscape edit preferences 3.jpg
Inkscape edit preferences 4.jpg
Inkscape edit preferences 5.jpg
Inkscape edit preferences 6.jpg
adbuch

Re: Inkscape screen appearance

Post by adbuch »

CNC_rowdy wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:55 pm David, here is my version looks like. Your white one is in the center. I will look at what you sent me. I think mine is ver 1.3? Yours just looks like it is so much easier and simpler. Thanks David for your help. You have always been great help in the past.
Tim
inkversion.jpg
inkversion.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 480 times
inkversion.jpg
inkversion.jpg (50.8 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Tim - I don't personally care for Inkscape version 1.3, and I feel that the look and feel of Inkscape version 1.2.2 is more compatible with my personal preferences as far a "easy and simpler" user interface.

David
CNC_rowdy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CNC_rowdy »

thanks David, I will play around with it and see what I can figure out on this ver 1.3. I agree, your version just looks so much easier to work with. (just joking here with this last sentence. i don't want to have to get a college degree to figure this all out. there is a lot of gurus out there working with this stuff everyday, and i'm not a guru on this. as i said, just joking)
thanks again,
Tim
Go Torch 2x2 Table
Advanced Design Edge, Machine Control, Height Control
Snap & Cut Torch Holder
Hypertherm XP 45 Plasma Cutter & Machine Torch
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

CNC_rowdy wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 4:41 pm thanks David, I will play around with it and see what I can figure out on this ver 1.3.
Tim - I have installed Inkscape version 1.3.2 (also looked at 1.3) and they are both the same as far as switching your screen from the black background to a white background. You only need to change one thing - so no college degree required.

"Edit, Preferences, Theming" and switch from "HighContrastinverse" to "HighContrast". It's a simple as that. It works exactly the same with Inkscape version 1.2.2 - which is the version I like to use.

David
Which Inkscape 1.jpg
Which Inkscape 2.jpg
Which Inkscape 3.jpg
Which Inkscape 4.jpg
CNC_rowdy
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by CNC_rowdy »

thanks David, you are a big help. I will play with this a little bit when I get time.
thanks again,
Tim
Go Torch 2x2 Table
Advanced Design Edge, Machine Control, Height Control
Snap & Cut Torch Holder
Hypertherm XP 45 Plasma Cutter & Machine Torch
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

CNC_rowdy wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:50 am thanks David, you are a big help. I will play with this a little bit when I get time.
thanks again,
Tim
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “Inkscape”