Basic verical cut question

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
joea
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Basic verical cut question

Post by joea »

I have a very low level Ebay special, "CUT 50D" which is apparently like saying I have a dog, it's a Mutt. So this may not be the place for me.

I have a TLB bucket, "pin on" type, to convert to SSQA type. That amounts to cutting off the 4 "ear plates" that have the holes that the Loader arms a r pinned into.

These are about 1/4 inch, thick and greasy. For easy of access the bucket will be on saw horses with the pin on ears vertical.

Clearly I have to clean/de-grease things before anything else. Then the question becomes to a beginner like me is it best to cut from the "top down" or from the "Bottom Up"? On the one hand is seems top down is best as less chance of blobs getting into the nose of the torch.

Close?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Basic verical cut question

Post by adbuch »

If I was trying to follow a straight line, I would cut from the bottom up so I can see my line. Same for welding, I like to do vertical welds from the bottom up. If you don't care about accuracy or edge quality, then I don't think it really matters which direction you cut.

David

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”