This is Getting RIDICULOUS!

Topics related to laser engravers and laser cutters.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

This is Getting RIDICULOUS!

Post by Joe Jones »

I am AFRAID to buy a new machine now, because before it is even delivered, the "latest and greatest" machine is released, and I am wondering WHY I bought the new one I just bought!

Joe

Comes now, a 90 WATT CO2 Laser / 3D Printer / Engraver/Router for under $4K!!! :Wow :-o :shock: :-?

https://comingsoon.co/products/swiftsha ... 1413280249
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: This is Getting RIDICULOUS!

Post by acourtjester »

Yah right 3 processes that I want to mix, dust, mirrors, and melted plastic. Plunk you money down and maybe in 3+ years you may get something. :Sad
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Hmmm ... Valid points, for sure. Do you think it would not be possible to route some wood, then clean out the machine (compressed air? Shop vac?) before cutting some plexiglass to inlay into the routed pockets? Then etch a design onto the face of the wood after clearing out the plastic chips?

You may have a good point. I began a small business many years ago with a Ford pickup truck. "Motorcycle transport and Light Delivery." I was really creating "BIKE TOW," a dedicated motorcycle transport company, but I wasn't known yet, so I filled my time by delivering furniture from the independent furniture stores that did NOT have delivery trucks, to the various apartments and homes in and around the Marine base in Oceanside.

Needless to say, it was DIFFICULT to move a greasy Harley, and then use the same truck to move a new, overstuffed sofa with white upholstery. I spent a LOT of money at the local degreaser car wash, for sure :Wow As the calls for motorcycle tows increased, I finally gave up the furniture delivery side of the business. In 13 years, I eventually moved some 6,400 motorcycles.

So a machine that combines wood routing, plastic routing, foam routing, etc., with wood burning, acrylic melting and such, along with laser etching, burning and cutting MIGHT be asking for trouble, trying to do all of those processes in ONE enclosure, for sure. The biggest challenge would be the prevention of cross contamination, and you are absolutely correct. I can see that becoming a problem that perhaps X-TOOL did not consider. :roll:

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

But wait their video shows a nice clean office setting, Smoke from cutting plastics, Dust from routing, Dust and Smoke bah humbug,
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I'm with Tom. The fact it can do all that is nice but mixing those operations would be a nightmare. Sounds good though.

Return to “Laser Engravers & Cutters”