Torch Not Firing? Crossfire Pro/ PrimeWeld Cut60

Langmuir Crossfire, Crossfire Pro, Crossfire XR plasma table discussion forum
AdamE
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Torch Not Firing? Crossfire Pro/ PrimeWeld Cut60

Post by AdamE »

I ran into a problem with my torch not firing. Ive had similar issues in the past that was due to torch problems and height settings. But this is different. There is no voltage showing on the torch height control. I dont hear the relay click nor does any air come out of the torch like it normally does. However i can pull the trigger on the torch manually and it fires just fine. Also i dont know if the thc module is supposed to light up a certain color? It is currently red if that means anything. Been using my setup for quite some time now without issues.

Crossfire Pro table using Fire Control software and a PrimeWeld Cut60 torch.

Id appreciate some help! Thanks in advance!

Adam
AdamE
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Torch Not Firing? Crossfire Pro/ PrimeWeld Cut60

Post by AdamE »

If its worth mentioning, everything else works fine. x axis, y axis and z axis. Shut off THC and pull trigger manually it runs a program. Leave thc on as i always do, since i use it, and it stops. this window pops up
plas table screen.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Have you considered posting your question at the Langmuir forum?
David
AdamE
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by AdamE »

yes i did. just hope im raising the possibility of getting a answer sooner than later by posting here and there.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

AdamE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:57 pm yes i did. just hope im raising the possibility of getting a answer sooner than later by posting here and there.
:Like :Like :Like
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I have never had the opportunity to use the Langmuir system but I would check to be sure you are receiving an arc voltage signal back to the controller. It is possible pulling the trigger to fire the torch may display an arc voltage reading on your screen but if not I would use a voltmeter to measure the DC voltage coming back to the controller when the arc is active and go from there.
AdamE
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by AdamE »

Well this hasnt been fun... Got a new relay from them and still no torch firing. Been going back n forth on the phone and emails. Now they're sending me another relay. I guess its possible i got a new relay that slipped past QC for me to find out its a bad relay. I sure hope so
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

AdamE wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 3:18 pm However i can pull the trigger on the torch manually and it fires just fine.

Adam
If you are using a manual torch, do you have the trigger securely tied closed for the cnc operation? I once had a similar problem with my Hypertherm 85 (manual torch) on my Plasmacam DHC2 4x4 table and it turned out that the trigger was not pulled quite all the way by the zip tie. Easy fix once I figured out the problem.

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

AdamE wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:41 am Well this hasnt been fun... Got a new relay from them and still no torch firing. Been going back n forth on the phone and emails. Now they're sending me another relay. I guess its possible i got a new relay that slipped past QC for me to find out its a bad relay. I sure hope so
You can test the relay before you install it to make sure that the contacts close when you apply voltage to the coil side. It should say on the relay what the voltage required is, and if it is ac or dc. Then use your ohm meter to check that the contacts are closed while it is energized.

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I would also test the input wires to the relay to make sure they are supplying the correct voltage to the relay when it is supposed to be actuated. This may end up being a problem with your controller, and not the actual relay.

David

Return to “Langmuir Crossfire Forum”