Hypertherm 45 promax won't fire

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
ndotofred
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm 45 promax won't fire

Post by ndotofred »

I had it working, the fun went off it was replaced and it's now too loud. I had few pop up sounds from the Hypertherm then now it stops firing , consumables are new and we'll installed, but the torch light indicator won't go off, can any one help l will really appreciate.
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm 45 promax won't fire

Post by weldguy »

Are you using the original Powermax 45 or the newer Powermax 45XP?

The pop sounds were they coming from inside the Hypertherm power supply or coming from the torch?
ndotofred
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ndotofred »

Thanks for the swift reply. The pop sound was from the Hypertherm inside. I recently change the fun but it's was not Hypertherm model. It works for a minute before then l had the pop sounds and it was done. Now what it fires are pressure instead of arc
ndotofred
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ndotofred »

Please . confirm also should the pins on the torch cable. All be of same hight. Mine show one pin shorter is this normal
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That is not a good sign. I think you should open the unit back up and look for a blown capacitor or any sign of what went pop inside. That is likely the reason you no longer get an arc. Not certain about the pin in your torch, I suspect they should all be the same height but I doubt this is related.
ndotofred
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ndotofred »

Thank for the swift reply. But there is no system faulty torch indication. What will l do.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

I think all you can do at this point is open up the machine, find out what popped inside, and look into replacing it.

Strange that you are not seeing any error codes. Do you have the original 45 or the newer 45XP?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”