My New Built 4`x10` Plasma Table..Works Awesome

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: My New Built 4`x10` Plasma Table..Works Awesome

Post by adbuch »

OutlawSteel wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:17 am The table looks amazing and it would definitely be one I’d like to model after when I build one. I especially like the height of the slats and water pan edges in relation to the rails of the table. Looks like you put a lot of thought into ease of use regarding material handling when you designed it! I’d be interested in your build list if you don’t mind. I have limited room in my shop, but also want to integrate a rotary somehow. Leaning more towards the Joe Jones option right now. Anyway thanks again and congrats on an awesome build!
I have seen several different schemes for integrating a rotary tube cutter into a plasma table. Many use a motorized rotary stage which mounts to the table when in use, and removed when not in use. Also some versions where the tube rolls along the table surface - I think the new PlasmaCam table uses that sort of setup. I opted to build a stand-alone pipe/tube cutter that will run from my table controller, but has dedicated hardware - so it doesn't depend on any mechanisms mounted to the actual plasma table.

Let us know what you come up with when you get started on your build.

David

OutlawSteel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by OutlawSteel »

Thank you, David! I’ll definitely keep you posted! Great to know a site like this is available with such a tremendous knowledge base of contributors for folks like me
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

OutlawSteel wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:09 pm Thank you, David! I’ll definitely keep you posted! Great to know a site like this is available with such a tremendous knowledge base of contributors for folks like me
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”