plasmacam wiring for powermax45xp

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
otisa2007
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

plasmacam wiring for powermax45xp

Post by otisa2007 »

I'm replacing ny old powermax45 with a powermax 45xp on a plasmacam table i was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for ths i know the trigger part just wondering the proper way to hook up the height controll thanks
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasmacam wiring for powermax45xp

Post by adbuch »

Check your inbox for private messages. I sent you one, but you never replied.
David
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

With no CPC port there is likely no voltage divider either so you will be on RAW arc voltage. That connection is easy since you make your positive connection to the PM45XP circuit board where the ground clamp terminates at the board, and the negative connection to where the electrode wires come in from the torch and terminate at the board.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

otisa2007 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 1:35 pm I'm replacing ny old powermax45 with a powermax 45xp on a plasmacam table i was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for ths i know the trigger part just wondering the proper way to hook up the height controll thanks
The instructions for connecting the 45xp with hand torch to to the Plasmacam controller are provided in the Video Manual. If you wish to use a machine torch, then you will need to buy the CPC port upgrade kit and install it into your 45xp.

For the non-machine torch application, you will need to purchase the Plasmacam torch control cable kit from Plasmacam and follow the instructions for installation and testing shown in the Video Manual. Replacement Video Manuals are available directly from Plasmacam for $10 plus shipping.

The Plasmacam torch control cable includes the correct voltage divider installed into the cable.

David
20240819_155141_resized.jpg
otisa2007

Post by otisa2007 »

I did order a new video manual and finally figured it out i also ordered a spare torch wiring harness so i can rewire my old 45 when it gets back from repair just glad to be back runnig again
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

otisa2007 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:37 pm I did order a new video manual and finally figured it out i also ordered a spare torch wiring harness so i can rewire my old 45 when it gets back from repair just glad to be back runnig again
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”