Big Font list to download

Share tips and tricks regarding cut cutting, material handling, metal finishing, marketing, or anything you find helpful.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Big Font list to download

Post by acourtjester »

Google fonts is a large number of fonts you can download very easily and the are TTF, so can be be moved into the windows font folder. :Like
https://fonts.google.com/
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Re: Big Font list to download

Post by adbuch »

Thanks Tom!!
David

:Like :Like :Like
tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

Wow, that is a big font list for free
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)
TJS

Post by TJS »

Thanks Tom.
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Awesome, thanks Tom. I wonder how many are "plasma friendly" without any mods......!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

weldguy wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2024 11:38 am Awesome, thanks Tom. I wonder how many are "plasma friendly" without any mods......!
Not quite sure what you mean by "plasma friendly". I have used this one and it works fine. Depending on the application, it may need stenciling.
1.jpg
2.jpg
I have had problems in the past with some of the stick fonts (CamBam Stick, etc.) as well as some of the script fonts. These often have duplicate paths/nodes and need editing before use for cnc plasma cutting.
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

PAR Excellence tutorial again David :Like :Like Lightburn works in a similar manor. I was looking for script fonts with letter connections that could be welded together for the laser and plasma projects.
The combined knowledge base on PS will supply answers when needed. :HaHa
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Any other W7 Pro 64B users out there that has a problem with loaded fonts disappearing from the list? I had the problem appear after one of Micro-Slaves Updates. When opening older files in CorelDraw you get a pop up that says missing fonts replaced with "xxxx" you have a choice of temporary or permanent use of the replacement fonts.

You then have to close the file/ not keeping any changes / reload the missing fonts. Like everything else computer related organized files are a must. I Have a sub folder in fonts called "Document Fonts" that I keep a copy of the fonts that were used in. There was a lengthy fix listed on M'S site but I never did it and now that W7 is no longer supported I'm sure it's gone.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I an not a fan of MS having access to my PC, but no way to stop it, they also have removed the ability to stop upgrades from happening. I have lost whole folder, my only saving grace was HD backups I have to replace the folder. Them having the access to look at what ever you do on the PC is scary. I guess if goes along with the great stuff you can do with PCs these days.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

SegoMan DeSigns wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 12:42 pm Any other W7 Pro 64B users out there that has a problem with loaded fonts disappearing from the list? I had the problem appear after one of Micro-Slaves Updates. When opening older files in CorelDraw you get a pop up that says missing fonts replaced with "xxxx" you have a choice of temporary or permanent use of the replacement fonts.

You then have to close the file/ not keeping any changes / reload the missing fonts. Like everything else computer related organized files are a must. I Have a sub folder in fonts called "Document Fonts" that I keep a copy of the fonts that were used in. There was a lengthy fix listed on M'S site but I never did it and now that W7 is no longer supported I'm sure it's gone.
Steve - I do have a Windows 7 pc online and have not updated the software lately. I use Inkscape on that pc with no problems. I use CorelDraw on several Windows 10 pc's and have not experienced the problem you mention.

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:53 am PAR Excellence tutorial again David :Like :Like Lightburn works in a similar manor. I was looking for script fonts with letter connections that could be welded together for the laser and plasma projects.
The combined knowledge base on PS will supply answers when needed. :HaHa
Thanks Tom! I hope I have understood correctly what Weldguy was asking with respect to the fonts being "plasma friendly". In any case, I suspect that most if not all of these Google fonts will work fine.

David
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Tom,

I hear what your saying, at some point in time I think you need to keep your mission critical machines offline and just have one dedicated internet computer with no communication between them. This sounds great on paper but implementation is another story as things like antivirus software needs updated and files need shared.

David,

The font issue I described was Win 7 Pro related only and I now see other work a rounds listed for it, don't feel left out I'm sure your OS will throw something at you when you least expect it, as M/S is a caring / sharing company. :HaHa :HaHa

Steve
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Most of the newer PCs have WIFI built in so if you close enough to a modem it will connect and whine about you must update either at shut down or start up. I also see it switches from Google to Yahoo search engine when ever I an not watching.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 4:15 pm Most of the newer PCs have WIFI built in so if you close enough to a modem it will connect and whine about you must update either at shut down or start up. I also see it switches from Google to Yahoo search engine when ever I an not watching.
I'm using the old stuff - so no built-in wifi for me. I do have 2 dedicated "on-line" computers - one windows 10 and one windows 7. All of my actual control pcs plus 2 of my design pcs are dedicated "off-line" computers. I do my file transfer with "thumb drives".

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

You have better control of the environment less outside interference.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:57 pm You have better control of the environment less outside interference.
I would never use a computer connected to the internet to control a plasma table, cnc router, etc. With some programs, it may not matter. With Centroid in particular, the computer needs to be dedicated with internet turned off. I do have a dedicated windows 10 pc for my Avid Centroid cnc router - it does have other programs on it for design, etc.

David
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

adbuch wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:09 am
I would never use a computer connected to the internet to control a plasma table,

David
Both Tom and I have used an internet connection to have our servo's remotely tuned.

Life is full of conundrum's :Wow :Wow

Steve
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Steve - I was speaking for myself personally. My Plasmacam DHC2 uses servo motors, but I have never had a problem where they needed "tuning". For you and Tom, was this remote access to your computer from the vendor, or?

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

It was from Clear Path servo, They have an auto tune but on one axis it would not work well enough. They remotely tuned the one axis to get a finer tune on it. For what I paid to switch I'm not sure if I would do it again, or maybe a different brand.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

adbuch wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:42 am Steve - I was speaking for myself personally. My Plasmacam DHC2 uses servo motors, but I have never had a problem where they needed "tuning". For you and Tom, was this remote access to your computer from the vendor, or?

David
David,

Having servo's tuned on delivery along with the rest of the machine that has been properly sourced / constructed, is one of the many advantages of buying a completed machine. You can start making money from day one and if problems arise customer support is there to answer your questions.

I was looking at a Retro HyDef system (once upon a time), it uses the Hypertherm Edge controller with embedded NT as an OS. It has a LAN port so the unit can be remotely diagnosed / repaired / upgraded. ClearPath servos as Tom said has an auto tune feature, my tune for the X axis yielded jerky action at certain speeds. I contacted Technik and arranged for an online tune, what could have taken days on the phone / emails was fixed within minutes.

The faulty auto tune was attributed to chain drive tensioner springs that were too week, I have since replaced them with urethane bushings and all is well. Moving my 400 lb gantry with 1100 IPM rapids is no problem at all. I chose the build it myself system for several reasons, the machines that offered plasma / drilling / scribbling were in the 100K + range. More importantly I live in the sticks and onsite tech support would be costly if available at all.

Fast forward 4 years armed with my build notes, spare parts stash and CAD files, repairs / upgrades / design improvements are done swiftly. Designing / building my own system was a challenging and rewarding experience.

Steve
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Steve - thanks for the explanation!!

David

Return to “Tech Tips From Other Members”