New'ish Member

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
KMcCurdy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New'ish Member

Post by KMcCurdy »

Fellas! and I'm sure a few ladies here as well. About six years ago I joined as many others do to seek help with files and the understanding of cnc cutting. This site was a great help back then as I took on a new part time endeavor. As years past the "normal" job became more demanding and the side work dwindled to a minimum. Well, fast forward several years and a major injury forced me out of the "normal" job and I have now been full time with small batch manufacturing using my cnc for 11 months. Im looking forward to help out the new guys with what I have learned and had to troubleshoot over the year, just like I was help out years ago. Guess I need to update my signature as well (I had to call it out before someone else did)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New'ish Member

Post by adbuch »

Welcome back! It would be helpful if you might let us know what table/controller you are using as well as what particular design/cam software you are familiar with. That way folks might have a better idea of how you could possibly help them.
Thanks,
David
KMcCurdy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by KMcCurdy »

I guess it would, wouldn't it. Running a Arclight Dynamics 4x8 table with a Hypertherm PM65. Software is as basic as it gets, Inkscape to draw, SheetCam for post processing and Command CNC running on the table
Arclight Dynamics 4x8 Table
Hypertherm PM65
Lincoln PowerMig 260
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Welcome back, sorry to hear of your injury, I hope you find your full time side gig now to be profitable and fun. Same thing for me, this site was instrumental in my learning curve and now I try to help others when I can. See you around!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Ah yes the Knowledge pool gets deeper with each helpful member, happy your back :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”