Oven auto start

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Gogo
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Oven auto start

Post by Gogo »

I have an oven I built and have an arbur controller on there, it works great but, I have to wait for it to come up to temp so I can hit the reset button, It looks like screw five on the back is the reset, Is there something I can to to have it auto start the time when it comes up to temp? it shuts off by itself, want it to start too. thanks,
weldguy
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Oven auto start

Post by weldguy »

I am sure I can't help you, I know next to nothing about what your working with however I am interested to learn and am unsure whats going on here. When it comes up to temp what are you hitting the reset button for? What do you want to start when it comes up to temp...a timer?
Gogo
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

yes. after they parts come up to temp they need to sit fir a specific time at a certain temp. then be allowed to cool. right now i have to wait to come up to temp then manually hit the timer button. my oven heats up slow enough the parts are ready when the oven is. i'm sure there is a stupid easy way to do this but need to know which wire to tap.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Gotcha, makes sense, hopefully you can figure out how to do it.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I have a DIY oven with a PID type controller and once I set the temp I just turn it on and watch the temp output. I load my parts and watch a clock for the bake time and pull them out, done deal.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Gogo
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Gogo »

yeah. that's what i'm doing to. but i want to walk way from it and not babysit it.

Return to “Powder Coat”