Hello everyone!

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
tmdcustoms
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hello everyone!

Post by tmdcustoms »

I am just getting my feet wet. Researching self built CNC Plasma cutting tables and all that goes along with them. I have been welding for over 35 years and started with plasma cutting in an industrial environment. I am on my second plasma cutter (I gave my 1st one to my son) I currently own a Powermax 45XP and love it. I am not steady enough to do what I want to free hand, so that is the reason for my interest in building a CNC plasma table.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Joe Jones »

Build one, or buy one! PlasmaCam has released their new GENESIS cnc plasma table which is the next generation of the PlasmaCam line, and it promises to be awesome! Around $16K with 1. Advanced Design Upgrade, 2. Advanced Height Control Upgrade, and 3. Advanced Height Control Upgrade, and 4. Automatic Nesting or any other upgrade.

Joe
Plasma:
PlasmaCam 4x4, Samson 510 table, Go Torch, + more
AD-AH-AM-AN-3D-CS-MU-PC - Upgrades

Lasers:
X-TOOL D1 PRO (x 4) F1, S1 (x3), P2 (x2), F1 ULTRA (x2) with conveyors, M1 ULTRA (x2) + accs.
LaserPecker 1 PRO, LP-2, LP-4 + accs
50 Watt GALVO fiber
TYVOK Spider S1 60W Diode Laser 49" x 96"

3D Printers:
CreatBot D600 PRO
Stratasys Fortus 400mc
BIGREP Studio Gen 2
MODIX Big Meter

Why pay off debt when you can die owning MILLIONS? :lol:

FREE DesignEdge Training Online Via ZOOM!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

tmdcustoms wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 3:09 pm I am just getting my feet wet. Researching self built CNC Plasma cutting tables and all that goes along with them. I have been welding for over 35 years and started with plasma cutting in an industrial environment. I am on my second plasma cutter (I gave my 1st one to my son) I currently own a Powermax 45XP and love it. I am not steady enough to do what I want to free hand, so that is the reason for my interest in building a CNC plasma table.
There is plenty of great information to be had at this forum about building a diy cnc plasma table. Also, Tom has built quite a few (I think at last count it was around 10 of them) and he uses them for cutting, engraving, routing, and more. Check out the DIY section of the forum for more information.

viewforum.php?f=103

David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard, many DIY types here with info to share there are different paths you can take while building your own table. No big "Black Magic" just do your research and plan your path before jumping in. There are different electronics packages, which also have software included. You can also do a complete from scratch build, a mix and match path to save money too. You can use the search function in the upper right for a good look around here showing different builds by members. Feel free to ask questions members are happy to answer, having your own table will be a big plus for your shop.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Introduce Yourself”